British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Tigers vs Wolves (playoff semi 2nd leg) 28/09/23

Just now, chun said:

i guess the riders loyal to british speedway who get ditched just before the playoffs each year.  maybe there should be a separate competition at the end of the season to accommodate the star riders once their seasons have finished abroad

Who are these 'riders loyal to British speedway who get ditched just before the Play Offs each year'? Certainly not those who Lambert and Woffinden have replaced either this year or last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

In truth that was a fitting way for wolves to bow out of the sport and arguably part of the reason why the sport is on such a decline. What a shameful excuse for entertainment and the paying fan that was. Embarrassing. Wonder if Sheffield offered a reduced adult ticket knowing fine well it was only going to heat 10. 

can’t blame the wolves boys for backing off the throttle.  who wants to be laid up all winter fighting for a lost cause

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Who are these 'riders loyal to British speedway who get ditched just before the Play Offs each year'? Certainly not those who Lambert and Woffinden have replaced either this year or last.

kerr and ellis got ditched

1 hour ago, one of clubs said:

I need something clearing up. I don't keep up with the rules and regs like i used to. Why are Sheffield allowed a replacement for Jack when he is riding in the gp's and in poland etc but not UK. Am i missing something or have i got it wrong, and no i do not dislike Sheffield or any other team.

Sheffield replaced Holder when he was injured. He's free to race in Poland & the GPs.

• Like 1

Just lucky the wolves guys didn’t have it close imagine this happening with Sheffield 2-5 points ahead on agg with 5 heats to go

17 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

That’s speedway in this country  3rd playing 4th for the the right to be crowned Micky mouse title winners 

That's the whole point of play-offs, the top 4 have an equal chance of being Champions. 

I don't like play-offs & think top of the league should be Champions. But it's what the clubs voted for, so 1st & 2nd can have no complaints.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

That's the whole point of play-offs, the top 4 have an equal chance of being Champions. 

I don't like play-offs & think top of the league should be Champions. But it's what the clubs voted for, so 1st & 2nd can have no complaints.

I get that but it’s not for me won t be going to the final will save my money not interested ,speedways the best sport in the world but my enthusiasm is wearing thin

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The top 4, from 7. Should be the title toppers go to the final, and 2nd and 3rd fight it out over 2 legs to join them, imho

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, chun said:

i guess the riders loyal to british speedway who get ditched just before the playoffs each year.  maybe there should be a separate competition at the end of the season to accommodate the star riders once their seasons have finished abroad

11 minutes ago, chun said:

They're loyal to British speedway because they aren't quite good enough to make it big abroad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chun said:

May be wrong but I thought Ellis took some time out from his position which resulted in him being dropped

Edited by Dornier

29 minutes ago, chun said:

With Ellis thete was apparently commitment issues, but I'd argue that his form probably warranted him being dropped anyway. Kerr as has been said was a victim of averages.

Your original point was about Woffinden and Lambert and they both replaced injured or uncommitted riders. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woffinden would have been accommodated at the expense of others, it just worked out that it was easier to drop holder as well.   agree that ellis probably deserved to be dropped but kerr must have felt hard done by.  i guess time will tell if it pays off.

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

With Ellis thete was apparently commitment issues, but I'd argue that his form probably warranted him being dropped anyway. Kerr as has been said was a victim of averages.

Your original point was about Woffinden and Lambert and they both replaced injured or uncommitted riders. 

lambert is riding on an artificially low average and is taking guest bookings away from regular league riders.  i have no issue with lambert stepping in to help out kings lynn

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chun said:

lambert is riding on an artificially low average and is taking guest bookings away from regular league riders.  i have no issue with lambert stepping in to help out kings lynn

Lambert didn't get a new average because he didn't complete 3 home matches.You could have said the same for Laguta and Sayfutdinov.They both come in on 8pt averages,artificially low imo,but didn't get an average until they had completed 3H/3A.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chun said:

I don't agree with it myself but it is up to the Sheffield management to put out the best team possible if they want to

win something. they have to satisfy the fans. ( rules permitting.)   Any team would do the same.

• Like 2