British Speedway Forum

If Pickering can't make riding for a Friday track work with travelling to Poland how could he sign for a Saturday track?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tyretrax said:

If Pickering can't make riding for a Friday track work with travelling to Poland how could he sign for a Saturday track?

As far as I’m aware he’s not been offered a spot in Poland hence why he’s backtracking back to the championship.

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

As far as I’m aware he’s not been offered a spot in Poland hence why he’s backtracking back to the championship.

Exactly. Says it all in the article quoted. 

Reading what Dickson has said he's stated it'll be a team built to win at Home initially (Winning Home Team imo pleases his paying customers and he's certainly not daft and knows that)

Historically he goes with riders he's worked with and knows will do a job for him so don't be surprised to see Lawson or a certain Worrall who's in limbo atm

He'll then most likely look at who scores well around Shielfield (wouldn't that be a novelty idea to start as a manager,  who can actually ride my track) and riders to do the job, not just make the numbers up.

If the limits 38 which is rumored there's a host of 2 pointers to choose from, does he go with Max Perry or Max James (Leicester Connection) or try scoop Luke Harrison back into the Berwick Fold?

Rumours going about

Boughen to Oxford

Luke Killeen to Oxford

Pijper to Glasgow

Trigger to Plymouth

Luke Harrison

Jody Scott

Sam McGurk

Harry McGurk

Max James

Or does he go with a  Coles and another at bottom end and strength in depth with 1 big hitter.

45 minutes ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Reading what Dickson has said he's stated it'll be a team built to win at Home initially (Winning Home Team imo pleases his paying customers and he's certainly not daft and knows that)

Historically he goes with riders he's worked with and knows will do a job for him so don't be surprised to see Lawson or a certain Worrall who's in limbo atm

He'll then most likely look at who scores well around Shielfield (wouldn't that be a novelty idea to start as a manager,  who can actually ride my track) and riders to do the job, not just make the numbers up.

If the limits 38 which is rumored there's a host of 2 pointers to choose from, does he go with Max Perry or Max James (Leicester Connection) or try scoop Luke Harrison back into the Berwick Fold?

Rumours going about

Boughen to Oxford

Luke Killeen to Oxford

Pijper to Glasgow

Trigger to Plymouth

Luke Harrison

Jody Scott

Sam McGurk

Harry McGurk

Max James

Or does he go with a  Coles and another at bottom end and strength in depth with 1 big hitter.

Can't see Lawson leaving Poole,all depends on the hearing in November about Richie, but would be a good signing,think Connor will be signing for a club closer to his home,had a good season at Berwick this year of the others think the top  5 will get other teams.Its important he gets a team that can win home meetings 

Edited by Bandit59

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Will he backtrack to Armadale is the question.!

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Will he backtrack to Armadale is the question.!

Honest opinion I wouldn’t be overly fussed if he didn’t. Wouldn’t be surprised if ends up down south.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Honest opinion I wouldn’t be overly fussed if he didn’t. Wouldn’t be surprised if ends up down south.

Or out west…….

Just kidding (I think)……….lol

Steve Worrall heading up North?

12 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Steve Worrall heading up North?

He rides Edinburgh well.

3 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Wrong   S

Not many speedway tracks south of Poole lol

8 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Not many speedway tracks south of Poole lol

North of Poole

On 10/21/2023 at 9:27 AM, MillenTheVillen said:

Rumours going about

Boughen to Oxford

Luke Killeen to Oxford

Pijper to Glasgow

Trigger to Plymouth

Luke Harrison

Jody Scott

Sam McGurk

Harry McGurk

Max James

I know there is still marson and hodder who could have a crack

15 minutes ago, speedway6 said:

I know there is still marson and hodder who could have a crack

Hodder was very impressive when he was at Berwick with Belle Vue

• Like 2