British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Beirao said:

Have Glasgow adopted a "no Danes" policy for 2024 given their Wednesday night league meetings cause problems with rescheduling fixtures? It would also explain Flint being preferred over Vissing. 

I do wonder if that is part of it (although I’m sure we’d have made an exception for Ben in the right circumstances).

3 hours ago, Beirao said:

Have Glasgow adopted a "no Danes" policy for 2024 given their Wednesday night league meetings cause problems with rescheduling fixtures? It would also explain Flint being preferred over Vissing. 

Good point..think we made a conscious decision to have British based riders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Does that mean you’ll be at Shielfield cheering on the lads for the first time since we signed Etheridge?

In a word, no.

58 minutes ago, emilali said:

In a word, no.

Streaming?

47 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Streaming?

Wouldn't pay to stream a meeting from Shielfield no. Only a couple of tracks in the UK I personally feel are worth paying to attend/stream and they’d be Glasgow, Redcar and Belle Vue. Excited to see how good the racing is from Workington this season on their return. 

10 minutes ago, emilali said:

Wouldn't pay to stream a meeting from Shielfield no. Only a couple of tracks in the UK I personally feel are worth paying to attend/stream and they’d be Glasgow, Redcar and Belle Vue. Excited to see how good the racing is from Workington this season on their return. 

It's very exciting at worky :P looking forward to what the next level of racing is like, but BEN fund first . Hope you enjoy your visit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackstaightBandit said:

Why are you even on here then?

It may blow your mind to learn this but this is a forum. I know you come on just to deep throat everything Berwick Bandits but I do not. I follow speedway everywhere and will give my opinion on it as and when I feel like it.

• Like 2

Irrespective of how the season turns out,it’s refreshing to see a Bandits Team with riders who are young and might improve as opposed to journeyman riders.Good Luck to them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Irrespective of how the season turns out,it’s refreshing to see a Bandits Team with riders who are young and might improve as opposed to journeyman riders.Good Luck to them

On a the negative side the black and gold will lose a few quid without them.

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2024 at 8:48 AM, Beirao said:

I'd have preferred to see Vissing back at Ashfield over Flint because I always liked his no-nonsense style. Flint is a good rider although I believe he has pretty much reached his ceiling now.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If I were a Bandits fan, I would be excited about that team. Change in approach from their usual team building. If all the riders get dialled in at home should be looking to make play offs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I'd have preferred to see Vissing back at Ashfield over Flint because I always liked his no-nonsense style. Flint is a good rider although I believe he has pretty much reached his ceiling now.

He's 20.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

He's 20.....

Yes. Some peak early and never become what people think they will become. There are many examples of this throughout history. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 6:00 PM, emilali said:

Add Workington and Scunthorpe to your list

• Like 1