British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You cannot blame any team having to use guests,its speedway and they are the rules or changing your team for better overall strength, Ellis had to go, Kerr unfortunate casualty, imagine if you had Kerr at reserve tomorrow night. 

i am not blaming anyone, its just some Ipswich supporters are moaning about Sheffield when it was two guests that got them to the final

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I've said I would've like to have run with RR even if it meant we didn't win

One guest with an average under 7 for an injured 9+ rider taken from a team not in the playoffs is on the sliding scale integrity issues at the very low end

Two guests,  one a 10 point ringer in a fake 8 point wrapper that is 4 years old (considered irrelevant in EVERY regulation that INCLUDES it but suitable ONLY  due to the fact it is NOT mentioned in another) and the other having already been involved  in the play offs for another team

I will let everybody make up their own mind as to where in the scale that sits....

i think some Ipswich fans would be happier with us turning up with 4 riders tomorrow and no guests

that would give you the victory you seem to want no matter what

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

i think some Ipswich fans would be happier with us turning up with 4 riders tomorrow and no guests

Pots and kettles spring to mind 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well done Chris for choosing Tuesday,, more chance of winning big without Harris 

you are desperate to win this one aren't you, like i said i am sure Ipswich supporters would be happy with a four man Sheffield team to make sure you win

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Pots and kettles spring to mind 

We are working within the rules, Ipswich seem to have a problem with this because it gives us a chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

you are desperate to win this one aren't you, like i said i am sure Ipswich supporters would be happy with a four man Sheffield team to make sure you win

Aren't Sheffield desperate to win it as well, after all we did beat you in the KO Cup and I'm sure you'd like to get your own back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

How many riders have Sheffield used this season ?? only howarth remains from original team  ?? 

• Like 1

Great news if it's on Tuesday, for so many reasons :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

I'm not desperate no,,, I honestly couldn't give a rats buttcheek if Ipswich win or not,,, but for the promotion to win the meeting it's a good choice. 

20 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i am not blaming anyone, its just some Ipswich supporters are moaning about Sheffield when it was two guests that got them to the final

17 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Completely missing the point and looking at too narrow a picture

The semi - irrelevant, the final - irrelevant, who wins and loses - irrelevant 

Integrity, transparency, consistency  - relevant

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Early call off… I thought Ipswich never called a meeting off early… are you sure it’s got nothing to do with the fact that Bomber can’t do Tuesday!? Running scared

3 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Early call off… I thought Ipswich never called a meeting off early… are you sure it’s got nothing to do with the fact that Bomber can’t do Tuesday!? Running scared

I suspect the TV company have had something to say, last thing they'll want is a rain off

24 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

We are working within the rules, Ipswich seem to have a problem with this because it gives us a chance

I don’t think anyone is disputing you are not abiding by the rules but its difficult to be sympathetic when you sacked two fit riders just before the cut off. 
all within the rules but does give the impression of win at all costs.  
up the witches

• Like 4