British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Lawson or Iversen are the only 2 you could choose tbh… Iversen rides Foxhall pretty well and was on fire in the last few meetings, but I think they’ll use Lawman 

10 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Early call off… I thought Ipswich never called a meeting off early… are you sure it’s got nothing to do with the fact that Bomber can’t do Tuesday!? Running scared

And lose a huge chunk of income? Behave. This will severely cut the attendance. 

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Completely missing the point and looking at too narrow a picture

The semi - irrelevant, the final - irrelevant, who wins and loses - irrelevant 

Integrity, transparency, consistency  - relevant

Unfortunately most don't care about what's relevant,,, as long as its their team that benefit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orion said:

Why would I want Sheff  to win.? Just a pure neutral looking to see a decent final ..I have opinion that Harris won't score that many this time based upon the opposition he's against, nothing more nothing less.No idea what the big uproar and drama is about expressing that view 

Well it looks like we will never know as it seems Harris cant ride now.

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well it looks like we will never know as it seems Harris cant ride now.

I'm half expecting with how the regs seem to be interpreted lately that it is announced that Harris has to honour his guest booking and Glasgow have to find their own guest :)

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don’t think anyone is disputing you are not abiding by the rules but its difficult to be sympathetic when you sacked two fit riders just before the cut off. 
all within the rules but does give the impression of win at all costs.  
up the witches

I'm still of the opinion that Lambert guesting is NOT within the rules

The fact that he has been ruled suitable and allowed to line up is a shameful disgrace and a travesty

NEVER before has a rider with an assessed average been allowed to take a guest booking and there has been quoted precedent (BWD?) where it has been declined in the past in the same circumstances as now being allowed

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The fact that he has been ruled suitable and allowed to line up is a shameful disgrace and a travesty

NEVER before has a rider with an assessed average been allowed to take a guest booking and there has been quoted precedent (BWD?) where it has been declined in the past in the same circumstances as now being allowed

Play off Lambert has to guest, play offs wouldnt be the same without him!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

i think some Ipswich fans would be happier with us turning up with 4 riders tomorrow and no guests

that would give you the victory you seem to want no matter what

Did you even type that with a straight face? It’s your promoter who clearly has a win at all costs attitude regardless of the integrity of his choices. Should we be surprised though? After all this is the bloke who insisted his nephew who wasn’t far off qualifying for a testimonial, should be eligible for a “rising star” role as he (wrongly as it turned out) assumed it would give his team a huge advantage!

Edited by Aries
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And Rew for Belle Vue  earlier in the season and I believe lynn named tarasenko before the ex chairman had to adhere to the rules 

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I suspect the TV company have had something to say, last thing they'll want is a rain off

Yep, drag all that equipment to the stadium only for racing to stop after heat 10. Oh sorry they have already done that one in the last week or so. 

Sheffield will probably pull another fast one by booking Kurtz to guest now.

31 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Yep, drag all that equipment to the stadium only for racing to stop after heat 10. Oh sorry they have already done that one in the last week or so. 

No, I think it's getting to heat four and then having to come back again to show the re-staging, costs 5 figures

Edited by SPEEDY69

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

And Rew for Belle Vue  earlier in the season and I believe lynn named tarasenko before the ex chairman had to adhere to the rules 

Has anyone with a * next to their name had a guest booking?  I haven't checked.

As mentioned, I was informed by the BSPL Office that Lambert can ride because his 2019 average is considered to be an Established MA.

Here's the reply I received from the BSPA Office:

"You have quoted the rule yourself and it does not mention 'assessed', it says 'have an established MA' and Robert Lambert DOES have an established average, from 2019, he just hasn't done enough meetings to update that for this season.

Without appearing to be too long winded, that rule is with regards riders who have never had an established MA, hence it does not mention 'assessed'. I believe other riders in a similar position have guested this season, but nobody has queried that? I don't want to drone on but what if a rider is riding on his converted CL MA and has that * by his name, have they ever not been able to guest? Next season that box will be changed as it is obviously misleading when it suits!"

Reading that last sentence, I wasn't sure wether to laugh or have a fit of hysterics :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don’t think anyone is disputing you are not abiding by the rules but its difficult to be sympathetic when you sacked two fit riders just before the cut off. 
all within the rules but does give the impression of win at all costs.  
up the witches

And how many times did i read in the Ipswich threads that the supporters wanted to get rid of King & Riss, a weekly occurrence for quite a few weeks, but Sheffield were wrong to actually do it

• Like 2