British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The same reason that KOC-Up matches aren't included, i.e. because that would create an imbalance in the number of meetings per team. It doesn't quite work out like that, simply because of injuries, line-up changes, etc., but that's the principle behind it.

I don't see why it matters though, surely the idea of an average is to have an average score for that rider, as long as it's for the same standard of meeting I cannot fathom why cup or play-off meetings are excluded.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Predictable, stay safe Richard.

The way he has ridden for them so far, Lawson could make four or five good starts at Foxhall and score really well.

Weather report: a shower passed across Kesgrave at about 15:50 (over by 16:00) and could hear thunder to the north (maybe a couple of miles or so, e.g. heading Woodbridge-ish).  The belt of storms stretching NE to SW as they move across the country might hit Foxhall around 18:00 or 19:00 - if they haven't petered-out.

3 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The way he has ridden for them so far, Lawson could make four or five good starts at Foxhall and score really well.

Weather report: a shower passed across Kesgrave at about 15:50 (over by 16:00) and could hear thunder to the north (maybe a couple of miles or so, e.g. heading Woodbridge-ish).  The belt of storms stretching NE to SW as they move across the country might hit Foxhall around 18:00 or 19:00 - if they haven't petered-out.

Good call off then

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Really surely he has ridden more than that this season.

Lambo has ridden 2 home and 4 away meetings for Lynn. In those 6 he has averaged 9.60... I think he needed 3 home and 3 away to get a new average though.

2023 Rider Statistics – British Speedway Official Website

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Good call off then

As much as they ever are based on a changing forecast!   I'm about 5 mins drive from the track and no rain here yet - if TV weren't in town I'm sure they'd have left the decision until today.

50 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The same reason that KOC-Up matches aren't included, i.e. because that would create an imbalance in the number of meetings per team. It doesn't quite work out like that, simply because of injuries, line-up changes, etc., but that's the principle behind it.

It made sense in the past not to include KOC matches, but not now. Prem clubs race 24 meetings, but the rolling aves only count the last 20, so that creates an imbalance where some riders will be dropping 4 tough matches, others could be dropping 4 easy matches.

In the Champ clubs only raced 16 league matches, so their rolling aves will include 4 (minimum) league matches from 2022. Is it really better to count the last 4 league matches from last season than counting the BSN series / KOC matches instead?

32 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

As much as they ever are based on a changing forecast!   I'm about 5 mins drive from the track and no rain here yet - if TV weren't in town I'm sure they'd have left the decision until today.

In fairness forecast was pretty bad, it may still pour down 

• Like 1

I've just had to top up my factor 50 :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

He is riding well recently so that is good for Sheffield although I dont see him scoring as well as Harris might have done.

Thrashing it down now - they called it right :t:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thrashing it down now - they called it right :t:

wow thats a good prediction have they got the lotto numbers ,

C'MON IPSWICH WITCHES 

I don't want them Tigers winning owt!

Do the Double Witches

C'mon

:t:

• Like 3