British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Wow Lambert sure is a sore loser!! 
Been completely out classed by two of the best then spits his dummy out on national tv. 

also the only rider all night who didn’t acknowledge the rider who beat him with the custom hand shake down the back straight after the race. What a total tool!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Oh come on it wasn’t just the two mate was it? Hume was the only Ipswich rider who struggled with it but he does most weeks. None of the other Ipswich boys struggled to get around. 

Only 2 riders to struggle tonight were the 2 sheffield whingers Lambert and Holder. All the other Sheffield riders got either a win, paid win or a second place. Lambert needs to wind his neck in and concentrate on riding... bet he wasn't whinging after his heat win.

Hopefully Doyle is only going for a check up.

May be an image of 3 people, ambulance, van and text that says "AMBULANCE AMBUL ANCE AMBULANCE AMBUL MX7IDLK"

Well its advantage Ipswich.

The plan had to be keep it tight and we managed that for a short while, but wilted in the second part of the meeting.

My view Hume should have been excluded in heat 4, he cause the the tangle between him and Doyle, and luckily he did not cause Doyle injury.

Emil in my opinion did the equivalent of a professional dive in football, but to be honest if it was a Sheffield rider I would want him to do the same.

I am sure that there will be people complaining that a team that finishes 4th in the league are likely win the league, but we all knew the rules when we start season and no one should complain.

For the meeting on Thursday we need the Sheffield spirit of 30th September 2010.

But congratulations Witches you have one hand on the trophy. 

• Like 3

If found, please send to Robert Lambert c/o Sheffield Speedway...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

So how’s that new n° 3 working out at Sheffield? 

Better than big fat 0 from 4 rides Adam that’s for sure 

Jim McGregor what an absolute phallus that bloke is, wants to be nowhere near Owlerton on Thursday and a replacement ref arranged ASAP.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think the BSPA should bring in the Polish rule in that all tracks should be prepared within certain parameters. They had all day to prepare a decent surface but produced this. Yes it gives Ipswich a massive home advantage but for the fans it’s a very poor spectacle. 

It will need to be mandatory for every track to have thunderstorms the night before, with showers in the morning. Also, they will need stock cars, hot rods and bangers to drive across the track every so often.

The track was just as lumpy for the Cup Final, but amazingly was wetter and grippier.  I was expecting the Tigers to adapt better because it was drier, but they failed miserably.

I don't think you'll find any Witches fans who attended tonight who thought it was a poor spectacle (and it was a good-sized attendance considering the concerns of the clash with ITFC).  I found it to be a very satisfying night.  A 20 point lead with no passing would have been better - as it was there was passing, incidents and the frustration of Hume continuing his search to be able to complete four consistent laps. The non-bladed icing on the cake was watching Holder - he was embarrassingly hilarious. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

What a gawd awful track. 

It looked smooth in heat 1 but just seemed to get bumpier and bumpier. 

Ippo deserved the win but I'm glad I'm too far away now to go there every week. 

It’s not like that every week though as Doyle alluded to during the meeting. It’s usually very smooth and has been nearly all season but conditions were tricky a few weeks ago in the cup final against Sheffield, and you have to wonder whether that played a part in the track prep this evening? They knew after Holder’s hissy fit about the track a few weeks ago, that they could probably take him out of the game by preparing it exactly the same again. IF that was the plan, it’s worked because it’s practically the same result. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think the BSPA should bring in the Polish rule in that all tracks should be prepared within certain parameters. They had all day to prepare a decent surface but produced this. Yes it gives Ipswich a massive home advantage but for the fans it’s a very poor spectacle. 

When you have finals raced in October, you can't expect a perfect track, especially one that was postponed the night before. Just need to get on with it unless the ref says it's too dangerous to race on. Well done Ipswich, hopefully they can complete the job on Thursday.

• Like 1