British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Yellow methanol... is that like yellow snow? Are you sure it was methanol? :D

Maybe this Pink methanol is Dreamboat Phil's(:wub:) "special" methanol he tries to peddle on the GP circuit... or was maybe taken from the recent "Ladies Day" at the NSS 

It certainly had no performance impact!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Bomber for Tai and Jye Etheridge at #6 for Sheffield.        Ipswich will juggle their Thompsons again.

Should be the same guests as the first leg, another thing which makes the sport look amateurish, Sheffield using 9 different riders for the final.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yes there has been Ipswich fans over time,as well as many others.They moan about our track being to grippy and riders not being able to ride it,just like last night.But now it's different if you know what  I mean.Some fans are contradicting.

I think it may have been because of the comparison with the racing from previous decades at Lynn - I remember Henka and Loram in particular and some previous World Cups I think, before clay became such a heavy composite there (which I realise was for the stock cars)

4 minutes ago, Bash said:

Should be the same guests as the first leg, another thing which makes the sport look amateurish, Sheffield using 9 different riders for the final.

Yes, as I said before it's not Sheffield but a league select.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orion said:

If Chris Harris riding then put Sheff down for the title. 15 point max .Emil, Jason or Robert won't get near him 

Robert will be behind him on another 5-1

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Bring it Home LOL!

Lambo thinks he's riding for Torun in the Premiership.

15 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Bomber for Tai and Jye Etheridge at #6 for Sheffield.        Ipswich will juggle their Thompsons again.

If so that’s a joke. Guests should be the same for both legs, and Harris rode for Ipswich in one leg of their semi. 

Lambert doesn't give a toss about British speedway, he can't even be asked to come back to ride in the British Final, bit like Woofinden, just back for a top up

• Like 2

Ipswich got lucky with a few refereeing decision but that's sport.

Hume is pure entertainment-still raw but can gate and if "schooled" will be a heat leader in the future.

Chris Holder looked very poor, is he the new Troy Batchelor!

Rob Lambert, showed great skill to avoid being fenced in heat 15 but there was never going to be a gap to go around Doyle.

Track wasn't that bad if you attacked it.

Emil and Doyle looked on a  different level.

Still think this final has some mileage left in it.

Eurosport, just don't get what that Abi lass brings to the show, more often than not she is in the way in the pits, riders don't look interested in her questions.

• Like 1

I've seen some funny things said before,,,, but Hume a future heat leader has got to be one of the funniest yet. 

• Like 5

I can’t wait for Thursday, after all the moaning about Foxhall & the lack of spectacle. I’m looking forward some super close fast racing with passing galore on a excellently prepared Sheffield track, I just hope it’s not a super slick gaters paradise!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Odds On said:

Ipswich got lucky with a few refereeing decision but that's sport.

Hume is pure entertainment-still raw but can gate and if "schooled" will be a heat leader in the future.

Chris Holder looked very poor, is he the new Troy Batchelor!

Rob Lambert, showed great skill to avoid being fenced in heat 15 but there was never going to be a gap to go around Doyle.

Track wasn't that bad if you attacked it.

Emil and Doyle looked on a  different level.

Still think this final has some mileage left in it.

Eurosport, just don't get what that Abi lass brings to the show, more often than not she is in the way in the pits, riders don't look interested in her questions.

Hume tries so hard but should realise getting third is preferable to binning it on the last bend of the last lap when half a lap in front of Holder. 

Holder was an embarrassment, like him as a person and has had some terrible crashes but last night was shameful. It was like the Kings Lynn night  over again.

Lambert is far too big for his boots in my opinion, you make Doyle sound like dirty Nicky which is isn't. Doyle is a very fair rider but hard rider with a great attitude.

You are correct about Abi, BSN have far better presenters.

What happened to Howarth line, we know the set up's now so it will be different!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Hume tries so hard but should realise getting third is preferable to binning it on the last bend of the last lap when half a lap in front of Holde

Holder was an embarrassment, like him as a person and has had some terrible crashes but last night was shameful. It was like the Kings Lynn night  over again.

Lambert is far too big for his boots in my opinion, you make Doyle sound like dirty Nicky which is isn't. Doyle is a very fair rider but hard rider with a great attitude.

Hume is young, still very raw but with the right guidance and someone taking him under there wing, he'll be a decent rider, time will tell.

Doyle isn't dirty, but he verges on the edge of it, he didn't leave Lambert any room and knew full well he was there, not a problem with it but a lesser skilfull rider would of been through the fence.

Speedway needs entertainment, rightly or wrongly people are talking about last nights meeting, which is the rarity for speedway nowadays!

• Like 1

Hume is 27,,, so he better hurry up,,, hes been raw a fair few years now,,, and won't be anything but raw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Hume is 27,,, so he better hurry up,,, hes been raw a fair few years now,,, and won't be anything but raw

Totally agree... He's been in a team with Doyle and Emil all season, surely if something was going to 'click' it would've done by now?  

Edited by MP78