British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Very poor refereeing as others have said. Track also poor . Sheffield right to be aggrieved. Hopefully better tomorrow night.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Odds On said:

Ipswich got lucky with a few refereeing decision but that's sport.

Hume is pure entertainment-still raw but can gate and if "schooled" will be a heat leader in the future.

Chris Holder looked very poor, is he the new Troy Batchelor!

Rob Lambert, showed great skill to avoid being fenced in heat 15 but there was never going to be a gap to go around Doyle.

Track wasn't that bad if you attacked it.

Emil and Doyle looked on a  different level.

Still think this final has some mileage left in it.

Eurosport, just don't get what that Abi lass brings to the show, more often than not she is in the way in the pits, riders don't look interested in her questions.

Hume is 27 and has never learned. He managed four fairly consistent laps for that vital 5-1 over the hopeless Holder (who blocked Edwards early on), but failed again in his final ride.  He's an accident waiting to happen, and hopefully won't carry anyone with him if he has a big one.

Lambert showed skill to avoid running into Doyle.  He was never alongside, not even by a wheel, so Doyle didn't fence him. Doyle rode a wide line, and left no room - that's NOT fencing someone.

Agree with the rest of your comments.

• Like 1

Just seen the Robert Lambert interview after last nights meeting, what a petulant spoilt brat he comes across as.

3 hours ago, orion said:

Whatever the rights or wrongs of Lamberts outburst.. The same for everyone is such a stupid saying.If a  track is crap it is . Hey guys  this track is dangerous but we don't care because its  the same for everyone 

It depends on if Lamberts comments are based on reality or just his perception - the track wasn’t smooth particularly but as you say it was rideable - I saw a far worse crash (than anything last night) in the meeting vs Kings Lynn when Dan Thompson went through the airbag at the first turn and dislocated his shoulder or was it wrist  and the track was still fine that night but much drier 

in my view he was just annoyed he hadn’t done better and it was easy to deflect blame into the track - I still don’t even get what the problem was in heat 15 - Doyle was off gate one was in the clear and rode out to the fence moving off the bend a standard move in 000s of races each year - Lambert for some reason thought he could possibly get by - once Doyle got himself in front Lambert never had a hope of making that move! If Doyle hadn’t made that move I’d have said he bottled  it and I’d expect Lambert would do the same move himself if the roles were reversed. 

19 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

1 55.7   2 58.6   3 56.5   4 57.0   5 55.5   6 57.0   7 57.3   8 58.3   9 57.3   10 56.8   11 56.1    12 57.0   13 56.5   14 58.1   15 57.4

Quick times in general 

2 hours ago, chun said:

he should be grateful to be allowed to ride, being a ringer with an average much higher than the rider he is guesting for.  

He doesn't have a much higher average. According to the BSPL, Lambert's Established MA is 7.81, and he hasn't ridden enough matches to gain a new average.  The convoluted nonsense of that conclusion is, of course, hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

He doesn't have a much higher average. According to the BSPL, Lambert's Established MA is 7.81, and he hasn't ridden enough matches to gain a new average.  The convoluted nonsense of that conclusion is, of course, hilarious.

That’s odd as his average for tomorrow is 8.69

• Like 1

We've got super Ritchie Hawkins 

He knows exactly what we need 

With his face like a smacked ar$e

And handlebar moustache 

Witches gonna win the f@@king league

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

1 55.7   2 58.6   3 56.5   4 57.0   5 55.5   6 57.0   7 57.3   8 58.3   9 57.3   10 56.8   11 56.1    12 57.0   13 56.5   14 58.1   15 57.4

Heat 5 = Lambert's winning time.  Quickest of the night, and one of the fastest EVER at Foxhall.

New nickname:  Toothless Lambert

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

That’s odd as his average for tomorrow is 8.69

As a guest he assumes the average and position of the rider he replaces

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As a guest he assumes the average and position of the rider he replaces

Ah! As Toyah Wilcox once sang - It’s a mythery oh it’s a mythery 

I’ve just watched the match back on Discovery having been at Foxhall last night. 

what’s all the fuss about the ref? The rules state an unsatisfactory start including first  bend bunching than it’s all 4 back. 

I think not so ruthless is getting confused with GP regulations as they differ to that of the uk. Not sure about the regs in Poland.

I’ve just had to watch his interview again, so he slagged of a track where he’d set the 5th fastest time of the season, appeared to smear some of his fellow riders while also appearing to try & influence the referee…..top bloke! 
when you thought it couldn’t get any worse he also appears to have pissed off his clubs major backer. I’d love a team player like him in my team!!! 

The only thing that could have made it any better was to have interviewed Holder!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I’ve just watched the match back on Discovery having been at Foxhall last night. 

what’s all the fuss about the ref? The rules state an unsatisfactory start including first  bend bunching than it’s all 4 back. 

I think not so ruthless is getting confused with GP regulations as they differ to that of the uk. Not sure about the regs in Poland.

I’ve just had to watch his interview again, so he slagged of a track where he’d set the 5th fastest time of the season, appeared to smear some of his fellow riders while also appearing to try & influence the referee…..top bloke! 
when you thought it couldn’t get any worse he also appears to have pissed off his clubs major backer. I’d love a team player like him in my team!!! 

The only thing that could have made it any better was to have interviewed Holder!

23 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Heat 5 = Lambert's winning time.  Quickest of the night, and one of the fastest EVER at Foxhall.

New nickname:  Toothless Lambert

Isn’t that the old track record time as well? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orion said:

Why is it well said...Look I thought the track was rough and tricky but rideable .But what should it matter how many meetings Lambert has ridden for him to have a opinion. As I said the same for everyone is just a stupid kop out .Nearly as bad as have ever  ridden a speedway bike 

I think the point is nearly all riders were getting around it perfectly well, including Lambert when he won his heat in the fastest time of the night. So what Guy may have meant by that I think is that apart from the serial whinger no-one else seemed to be moaning about it. 

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think the point is nearly all riders were getting around it perfectly well, including Lambert when he won his heat in the fastest time of the night. So what Guy may have meant by that I think is that apart from the serial whinger no-one else seemed to be moaning about it. 

In fact although he had been subject to a hard move by Doyle on bend 2 , Lawson shook Doyle's hand at the end of the race, Lambert would not do that.

• Like 1