British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

2024 team building averages

As we approach the end of the season, and the silly season approaches, what are we looking to build to for 2024 ? 40, 42, 38, 25?

When I was a regular, team building couldn’t exceed a collective average of 45. Has that changed? If so, why? I’d assume lowering the average would somewhat lower quality.

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

When I was a regular, team building couldn’t exceed a collective average of 45. Has that changed? If so, why? I’d assume lowering the average would somewhat lower quality.

2022 it was 42, 2023 its 40 so I'm guessing we're waiting on the rolling of the chicken bones for 24

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

45 included bonus points, the current limit excludes them.

• Like 1

I think we might be down a little bit on average allowed, but would expect the champ to go similar to the Prem in 6 riders + a rising star/2 point rider/under 21 type of team build. Also going to depend on how many teams in each league. 

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I would assume 40 for now. But they could decide anything at the AGM.

Depends how pie eyed all the promoters get in Tenerife after that anything could happen.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Depends how pie eyed all the promoters get in Tenerife after that anything could happen.

Depends who leaves early too :D

• Haha 2

The biggest factor will be how many teams will be in the Championship. Heat leaders could be spread thin if rumours are to be believed

12 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

The biggest factor will be how many teams will be in the Championship. Heat leaders could be spread thin if rumours are to be believed

Spread thin as in more teams than spots for them or the heat leaders we currently have won't be in the championship next year?

12 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Spread thin as in more teams than spots for them or the heat leaders we currently have won't be in the championship next year?

I think both will be a factor

• Like 1

How likely is this one league thing? Or are they going to stick with Prem and Champ, going with the rumour Birmingham are moving up, so would make Prem a 6 and Champ an 8 (assuming Edinburgh confirm). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

How likely is this one league thing? Or are they going to stick with Prem and Champ, going with the rumour Birmingham are moving up, so would make Prem a 6 and Champ an 8 (assuming Edinburgh confirm). 

There won’t be one league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1