British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

I won't be watching the GP series with no Emil or Artem.

Zmarzlik will probably start as a 1/8 favourite for next year.

Great, then you won't be posting any nonsense about the GP's that we have to read in 2024. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

The argument about Polish tracks is a nonsense. For a start, a round, or two, in Wroclaw favours Laguta more than it does Zmarzlik. One rides the track virtually every day during the season, the other visits twice a year at best.

The lack of track variety in 2021 arguably cost Zmarzlik the title.  If Cardiff and Teterow hadn't been cancelled it's unlikely Art wins the series given his struggles on anything moderately technical.

You could have 10 rounds at Scunthorpe and Zmarzlik would still win it. He's simply better at adapting to any type of track on the planet than any of the others at present.

And his will and commitment to winning are second to none.  It's actually borderline offensive that people think he just has to turn up to win it without putting any work in.

This is spot on. 

Greg Hancock summed it up perfectly when he interviewed Bart after one of the GP's he won this year........If all the other riders loved their motorbike as much as he did, they'd be as good as him. 

He has an advantage when he goes to Gorzow admittedly given the years he's spent there, but look at the two moves he pulled this year when behind in the final. Its moves like that that win titles and given what happened in Vojens, he'll be glad he made them when he looks back at the season. "He has to go for the win, just doing enough isn't enough".

He's simply better than anyone else at being consistent and as CB252 has said, in 2021 had the more technical tracks not been cancelled I think the likely hood is that Zmarzlik would have won the title. 

He quietly goes about his business off track and it is 100% offensive that people think he just has to turn up without putting any work in. If he didn't put any work in then he wouldn't be 4x World Champion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

The argument about Polish tracks is a nonsense. For a start, a round, or two, in Wroclaw favours Laguta more than it does Zmarzlik. One rides the track virtually every day during the season, the other visits twice a year at best.

The lack of track variety in 2021 arguably cost Zmarzlik the title.  If Cardiff and Teterow hadn't been cancelled it's unlikely Art wins the series given his struggles on anything moderately technical.

You could have 10 rounds at Scunthorpe and Zmarzlik would still win it. He's simply better at adapting to any type of track on the planet than any of the others at present.

And his will and commitment to winning are second to none.  It's actually borderline offensive that people think he just has to turn up to win it without putting any work in.

Lol couldn't disagree more. Its not just the track that's the advantage, its everything behind the scenes too.
"The lack of track variety in 2021 arguably cost Zmarzlik the title" is an absolute belter. I'm going to say no more because if you believe that then there is no point in debating any further.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Lol couldn't disagree more. Its not just the track that's the advantage, its everything behind the scenes too.
"The lack of track variety in 2021 arguably cost Zmarzlik the title" is an absolute belter. I'm going to say no more because if you believe that then there is no point in debating any further.

You don't think Zmarzlik would have outpointed Laguta at Cardiff, where he has made the final every time in 6 visits?  Or Teterow which is always as rough as a badgers backside and again he's always made the final? Fair enough.

The last 5/6 years he's won at Cardiff, Daugavpils, Riga, Prague, Teterow, Malilla, Krsko, Vojens. Where exactly are these mythical countries and tracks that will stop him being up at the top?

I suppose behind the scenes maybe you could have a point at a slight advantage.  Unfortunately Poland is the only country which prevents speedway from slipping into the realms of semi professionalism, but whatever advantage there is also translates to enormous pressure at times as there is an expectation to win from the Polish media/ fans.

• Thanks 1

Pretty crap isnt it

Edited by RPNY

So Huckenbeck and Lebedevs I guess are everyone's main issue. Can't do much about Kvech as he qualified.

They want to try and cement the series in Germany and Latvia so they've given them a spot.

Hard to argue that Kubera isn't worthy of a shot instead of Magic or Dudek.

That's the definition of WOKE, Riders being picked on Nationality to make the field more diverse rather than picking out the best riders.

GP's are now worse than ever before, May as well give Zmarzlik the title now considering the FIM are too cowardly to give him proper competition because of what happened the last time he faced real competition (Laguta WC)

Edited by TTT
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

No way is that the best 15 riders in the world, dreadful.

Struggling to understand that. Everyone moaning its the same picks every year.

Then they pick different riders and everyone wants the old regular picks back in .

Apart from Laguta & Sayfutdinov I can't think of anyone else who'd enhance the GP series. 

As for Zmarzlik.  Hes on a different planet to every other rider. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Apart from Laguta & Sayfutdinov I can't think of anyone else who'd enhance the GP series.

You have to be careful when you use the word 'enhance' in the same sentence as Russian sports people :D

• Haha 1

Awful....the German is nowhere near gp standard and Lebedevs is pretty erratic to say the least bit my biggest gripe is the hit and miss GP qualifying series resulting in the likes of Kvech in the series , either everybody has to enter or just do away with it...he's in on a technicality but even worse i still cannot see why the winner of the SEC series takes a spot? Kvech Huchenbeck Lebedevs? Meh. Michelsen disappoints consistently but the ommision again of Emil and Artem is a shot in the foot....these organisers and decision makers are a shambles absolutely ruining SGP , can shove next season up there arse it's crap now 

• Like 2

2024 GP series is the weakest I’ve ever seen. 

Sayfutdinov and Laguta a huge miss. Janowski deserved a pick, he has only finished out of top 6 once and that was this year. 3rd in 2022.

How on Earth Huckenbeck has got there is beyond me.