British Speedway Forum

So is it definitely a done deal that Birmingham are moving up to the premiership? If so I think it’s a crazy decision personally all they’ve done is complain they don’t get numbers through the gate as it is so they decide to move up a league where rider wages will be more expensive than in the championship… if they are banking on getting a few hundred fans from wolves then that’s such a risky strategy I hope it works out for them but I personally can’t see it ending well at all.

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

So is it definitely a done deal that Birmingham are moving up to the premiership? If so I think it’s a crazy decision personally all they’ve done is complain they don’t get numbers through the gate as it is so they decide to move up a league where rider wages will be more expensive than in the championship… if they are banking on getting a few hundred fans from wolves then that’s such a risky strategy I hope it works out for them but I personally can’t see it ending well at all.

Well if the rumoured new No 1 signing comes of it will 

24 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Who is that then?

2 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Or fast Freddie.

8 minutes ago, proud panther said:

My guess would be Woffy.

But whatever you paid those which wouldn’t be cheap would you get the extra fans in to cover those riders alone?

33 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

But whatever you paid those which wouldn’t be cheap would you get the extra fans in to cover those riders alone?

TV money!

Its not Brummies choice to go Premiership. They only have Mondays as their race day in 2024, so it has to be Premiership with the Phil Morris sweetener!

Edited by Skidder1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

with the Phil Morris sweetener!

Is he taking up TV Gameshows again and promising to donate his winnings, or something?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Is he taking up TV Gameshows again and promising to donate his winnings, or something?

I was led to believe he was on Bullseye and won a hose-pipe! 

It's been treasured ever since! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Zmarzlik coming back :party:

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

He rode for the Brummies in 2014 ,...

That famous Norwegian international - Reidar Replacement? :D

Obviously, some weight to this rumour as the official Brummies site have blanked out their Stats page for that year, to keep everyone guessing.
https://www.birmingham-speedway.com/statistics14 

Edited by uk_martin

BRUMMIES 50 BELLE VUE 40

Wednesday June 11, 2014
action14_bir_bv4.jpg
BIRMINGHAM brought the house down with a brilliant performance to beat glamour boys Belle Vue 50-40 at Perry Barr on Wednesday.

The Selco Brummies gave a solid all-round team performance to send the fans home in jubilant mood after moving off the foot of the table.

It was a meeting which had everything - good racing, close scoreline, great atmosphere and dry weather!

It was another hugely encouraging showing for Jack Lee's men as they continue their upturn in form.

Team boss Lee was full of praise for his side - highlighting some skilled team riding as a particular positive - and he is keen to see them now start climbing the Elite League table.

Said Lee: "It was a really big three points for us to move us off the bottom of the table, and to beat a strong Belle Vue side by ten points was a brilliant result.

"It was a great team effort with some impressive performances all around, so it was a really positive night for us.

"There was some superb team riding which was good to see and proved important for us in the end.

"It's a shame we have a bit of a break until our next meeting now, but we are beginning to build up some confidence so hopefully we can start climbing the league table."

British duo Ben Barker and Danny King led the Selco Brummies superbly with double figure scores as they continued their flying form - yet they received good support throughout as the hosts put in a strong team display.

Experienced Swede Daniel Nermark helped his side get off to a solid start with wins in his opening two rides, the second paid as he brilliantly shepherded home reserve Simon Lambert for a big 5-1 in heat seven.

Lambert also out in an impressive showing to help bolster the lower order, whilst partner Paul Starke bounced back from a poor start to win his final ride in composed fashion.

Nico Covatti battled hard for a solid contribution in the middle order, winning heat eight in impressive style as the Brummies struck back to back 5-1s to give themselves the upper hand.

New signing Bartosz Zmarzlik also put in an extremely promising display on his full debut for the club, comfortably winning heat ten on his way to five points from the tough No.1 position.

Overall it was an excellent night for Birmingham, ensuring they will enter a ten day spell without a meeting high on confidence.

BIRMINGHAM 50: Danny King 11+2, Ben Barker 10+3, Daniel Nermark 8+1, Paul Starke 7, Nico Covatti 5, Bartosz Zmarzlik 5, Simon Lambert 4+1.

BELLE VUE 40: Matej Zagar 11, Stefan Nielsen 9+1, Richie Worrall 8+1, Scott Nicholls 6, Michael Palm Toft 3, Craig Cook 2+1, Lee Payne 1.

Elite League points: Birmingham 3 Belle Vue 0