British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Birmingham stepping up IMO will only work if the club is renamed to something to accommodate a Wolves influence. Otherwise forget it. Remember the year they went EL and made the final of the play offs? There crowds that year were still below a 1000 every week and that was ten years ago.

If the likes of CVS and Adams etc join Birmingham it could work. Maybe. Its only 18 miles according to a quick Google search. However, if Birmingham as they are move up then unless a multi millionaire is bank rolling the club, it won't be a success. IMO of course.

I agree they should pack the team with ex wolves riders and maybe rebrand as the Birmingham midlanders.

1 minute ago, eric i said:

I agree they should pack the team with ex wolves riders and maybe rebrand as the Birmingham midlanders.

Or Birmingham Wolves perhaps? Birmingham Wanderers? :D

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Or Birmingham Wolves perhaps? Birmingham Wanderers? :D

Birmingham Dingles or Birmingham Faggotmunchers

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Birmingham stepping up IMO will only work if the club is renamed to something to accommodate a Wolves influence. Otherwise forget it. Remember the year they went EL and made the final of the play offs? There crowds that year were still below a 1000 every week and that was ten years ago.

If the likes of CVS and Adams etc join Birmingham it could work. Maybe. Its only 18 miles according to a quick Google search. However, if Birmingham as they are move up then unless a multi millionaire is bank rolling the club, it won't be a success. IMO of course.

Not even 18 miles only 12 from stadium to stadium .

4 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Not even 18 miles only 12 from stadium to stadium .

Then in that case, i reckon theres a good chance a Wolves/Brum merger could work.  But could require a complete re brand of Birmingham. 

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Then in that case, i reckon theres a good chance a Wolves/Brum merger could work.  But could require a complete re brand of Birmingham. 

Bring back the Mavericks :rofl:

Midland Mavericks 

On 10/8/2023 at 12:50 PM, iainb said:

But traditionally they've always had their largest crowds on a Good Friday... not a school night

https://fb.watch/nCz-_NeVom/

Be lovely to see this sort of turnout for speedway.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Saturday night?

Yep

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

https://fb.watch/nCF3yQABRa/ Wednesday night at Poole 

IMG_8290.jpeg

Just think how many that could get on a Saturday night, more than the 1,300 they do get?

Think that was Banger World Final so not just a normal meeting tho. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom Thumb said:

Yes it was indeed

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

They might get a handful from Wolves, if they are banking on this making them pay their way at a higher level I've a feeling they may be disappointed. 

30 minutes ago, Tom Thumb said:

A bit like when we hold our national championship on a Monday night in Manchester