British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

I am surprised some posters post every day on here. I have had 2 friends banned for saying less about people.

I got a ban for commenting on a supporters dog, not in a nasty way either, just the type.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Never fallen off a bike at 60 mph before, came off twice on the road on a motorbike and it hurt like F00k.  

Yep coming down on tarmac is never good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GS550 said:

Yep coming down on tarmac is never good.

Been there done that wrote me bike off coming back from Ipswich!

Edited by lbw

20 minutes ago, lbw said:

Been there done that wrote me bike off coming back from Ipswich!

I wrote every bike off that I owned (bandit,triumph tt, Gixxer 6):blink:. Then my Mum said "maybe you've ridden your luck on those things" and at the tender age of 25 I hung my boots up.

Took my friend 3 and a half hours to get from Greenock to her dads in Falkirk because of the flooding, weather and road closures. Usually takes 45 minutes.

Track staff will have their work cut out to get the track ready for tomorrow night I reckon, no way it would be rideable today.

for whoever it was coming up anyway, it’s the tattie howkin holiday up here this week so places should be open ok. Might be full of kids tho

Surprised if the 1st leg goes ahead tomorrow night & I can’t see the crowd being anywhere near what it should be for a match of this calibre but who knows

41 minutes ago, Lioness said:

Took my friend 3 and a half hours to get from Greenock to her dads in Falkirk because of the flooding, weather and road closures. Usually takes 45 minutes.

45 mins from Greenock to Falkirk is some going!  :o :D 

Possible to do in 45 mins when its quiet and no traffic but never at peak time when it would be more like double that - M8 across Kingston Bridge could take an hour on its own at peak time, the same for the M80 which is a car park at rush hour peak time, or a car park at anytime when there's an accident or a breakdown and tailbacks for miles, been there done that.

Edited by GS550

5 hours ago, marko said:

I take it BSN will still be covering this meeting despite a change of date?

We are indeed. Hopefully get a bit further up the M6 this time!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Barabas said:

If this is an old guy about 70 ooooft called Geoff Hodgson I'd best go & look after ur zimmer your barking up the wrong tree old yin ...you came on here & gave it out i kept to the speedway  ...seen as how your old as the hills & on the werthers originals for your sake ill leave it there when ur on here give it speedway good or bad wright or wrong ...don't call ppl names old timer 

Backtracked quicker than Rishi Sunak. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

Surprised if the 1st leg goes ahead tomorrow night & I can’t see the crowd being anywhere near what it should be for a match of this calibre but who knows

Just scrape all the top shale back so the track is smooth and quicker to dry. Should be OK!;);):rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

I don't see it being called off again, they must be confident of it going ahead as long as the rain stays away.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anders ability and form has improved dramatically as the season has gone on. He probably didn’t want the season to end and the strives he has made is clear to see. Certainly one of the first names on 2024 team sheet. His loss will be noticeable and it’s likely he will miss the second leg as well. 

The problem is, there's no rider Poole wouldn't want back imo. Probably all the riders keen to return too. Depending on the points limit, there's gonna at least one disappointed rider.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Feel sorry for the Poole fans who have already left for the long travel up. Hope they find out quickly. With all the wet weather over the last few days I was surprised to read yesterday that the track was holding up well. At least the call off stops the riders from travelling too far. A dry day today and tomorrow should give riders the chance to race rather than ride.

With the amount of postponed meetings this year, I'd be stopping every hour to check it was still on

6 hours ago, tyretrax said:

I got a ban for commenting on a supporters dog, not in a nasty way either, just the type.

Moderators are mates with the Poole mafia, no consistency on the banning rhetoric.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Moderators are mates with the Poole mafia, no consistency on the banning rhetoric.

Get to bed Trackprat