British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

Well done Glasgow. Still doable I think though. Depends what Tarasenko is like at ours. Hope he doesn't ask his uncle for tips as he was class in Steve Worrall's testimonial. Although Complin seems to think it is already won which could help us. 

12 minutes ago, GS550 said:

The replays clearly showed Thompson had not passed and in fact took Ace's left leg away.  Even Pirates rider Roynon admitted exactly that once he saw the replays.

Yeah and no one agreed with him from the comments they read out lol. Another 5 mins and I muted BSN as I can't be listening to Roynon for 2 hours. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lbw said:

Get the sweepstake ready Steve, no scores below 53 allowed for Pirates! :D

If the track is prepared like it was for the Scunny match it will be a leveller.

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

This is what I don't understand. Most Tigers fans consider this exciting racing but it's like watching F1. It's often like this and crowds have dwindled but because Glasgow are winning meetings week in and week out it's "exciting". The Sheffield-Ipswich clash last week had a lot of exciting races and overtaking despite the terrible weather and it was considered "boring". Go figure.

Hasn't been like this all season except recent semi.  Now into October, cold wet track that's been waterlogged the last few days, still wet - so totally different to normal.

• Like 1

Well done Glasgow track staff for getting a smooth safe surface just 48 hours after major flooding. Been a joy to watch this team at this amazing track, no matter the outcome in second leg. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What’s that got to do with how he will go at Poole though.Personally think he prefers slicker tracks and can gate.Glasgow done well tonight but I’m sure Tigers fans will be thinking they let Poole of the hook tonight.Fair play to Pirates.

Just a comment on Tarasenko, I don't remember him passing anyone if he missed the gate, only Joe T briefly. Nobody knows how he will do at Poole as he has never been there.  I thought we came back well after a very difficult start mainly caused by our own mistakes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

If the track is prepared like it was for the Scunny match it will be a leveller.

With Basso, Bomber and Complin coming it will be slick as you can get imo. 

1 hour ago, Macca said:

What second strings mate? They have four heat leaders at home (five when Vissing riding) with two reserves! 

You mean unlike Edinburgh who have 1 heat leader and 6 reserves?  Although all heat leaders at home at armadump right enough.

29 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Will be interesting to see if Cami gives Ace 4 rides on Wednesday. That's assuming Ace is scoring like he has been since he came back from injury. 

Also excuse my ignorance but can Jack Smith take any rides tomo for Ace or Lee if either aren't scoring ? 

Ace has outscored Lee last 2 matches at Poole.

This is what I don't understand. Most Tigers fans consider this exciting racing but it's like watching F1. It's often like this and crowds have dwindled but because Glasgow are winning meetings week in and week out it's "exciting". The Sheffield-Ipswich clash last week had a lot of exciting races and overtaking despite the terrible weather and it was considered "boring". Go figure.

You obvs haven't watched many Tigers matches pre Sept/Oct. 

• Like 1

At last! Some exciting racing!

As is totally the norm at Ashfield - pity they have to run the most important matches in October in cold wet weather that changes all speedway tracks.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well done Glasgow. Still doable I think though. Depends what Tarasenko is like at ours. Hope he doesn't ask his uncle for tips as he was class in Steve Worrall's testimonial. Although Complin seems to think it is already won which could help us. 

Yeah and no one agreed with him from the comments they read out lol. Another 5 mins and I muted BSN as I can't be listening to Roynon for 2 hours. 

Agree about Roynon!! We are better off with Joe T, he may not win alot of races but what a trier. I thought Joe was unlucky to get excluded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Just checked that....not that i doubted you. Jeez Lee hasn't scored a single point at Poole this year lol 

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Difficult not to, Lee has got many zero's at Poole.

Once again shocked that Pijper got a 4th ride, I find it hard to believe a team manager could be that incompetent, so can only assume he thought Glasgow already had it in the bag or likes getting grief online from fans? There's no way he can think Pijper would have outperformed Complin in that race!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1