British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Was his a serious post?

Read the comments everyone knows all he does  is troll and put up a post that is the complete opposite to everyone’s opinion to try and get a bite 

Personally and I’m sure most will agree that it’s boring as he does it all the time and a bit pathetic really 

A normal human being as a  Poole fan would admit they are favourites and expect a tough battle 

So yes my post was serious …. It’s all a bit sad from Shovlar really 

He hasn’t ruined your morning, has he?:lol:

Let’s be honest, I hope Glasgow ruin entire week next week, but he’s joking; his post is tongue-in-cheek. It’s a bit of sporting banter.

I’ve said it before and I reiterate that it isn’t healthy for a forum - other people’s opinions will differ from you, but there’s no need to be outraged.

Instead of admitting you wished someone else had started the topic, why not tell him you hope a bit of wet shale from Tarasenko’s back wheel lands in his mouth? Or that the stadium announcer corrects himself after Steve has already marked his programme? Really attack him, you know?

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

He hasn’t ruined your morning, has he?:lol:

Let’s be honest, I hope Glasgow ruin entire week next week, but he’s joking; his post is tongue-in-cheek. It’s a bit of sporting banter.

I’ve said it before and I reiterate that it isn’t healthy for a forum - other people’s opinions will differ from you, but there’s no need to be outraged.

Instead of admitting you wished someone else had started the topic, why not tell him you hope a bit of wet shale from Tarasenko’s back wheel lands in his mouth? Or that the stadium announcer corrects himself after Steve has already marked his programme? Really attack him, you know?

What a strange post 

No he hasn’t ruined my morning and I couldn’t care less about other peoples opinions

I just find his postings boring and childish because he does it for his own enjoyment 

Personally I prefer to read an adult’s observations rather than a load of rubbish designed to get responses …. Which he is getting 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

What a strange post 

No he hasn’t ruined my morning and I couldn’t care less about other peoples opinions

I just find his postings boring and childish because he does it for his own enjoyment 

Personally I prefer to read an adult’s observations rather than a load of rubbish designed to get responses …. Which he is getting 

If that’s the case, ignore him.

Heat twelve at Ashfield last night, according to the centre green announcer, was sponsored by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.

I didn’t start going “No, no, no, I don’t WANT a commercial vehicle”. I just ignored it.

If that’s the case, ignore him.

Heat twelve at Ashfield last night, according to the centre green announcer, was sponsored by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.

I didn’t start going “No, no, no, I don’t WANT a commercial vehicle”. I just ignored it.

No you didn't, you just quoted it on a forum! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

No you didn't, you just quoted it on a forum! ;)

I’ve also filled-out a contact form on Volkswagen’s website, but don’t tell anyone.

• Haha 1

I’ve also filled-out a contact form on Volkswagen’s website, but don’t tell anyone.

Don't do it..... much better deals with Peugeot/Citroen at the moment.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

So looking forward to the Grand Final and best of luck to both teams as they enter the arena.

Glasgow av made the Final & we Pirates will be well up for the challenge, bring em on Tarasenko n all.

Previous results can, to a degree, be put behind us as the Final brings out extra determination in an effort to bring home the silverware.

We Pirates are favourites and I'm gonna be shouting as loud as I can to get behind the Boyzzzzz in their quest to retain their title.

Bring it on, let the battle commence!

C'mon the Pirates :t:

I’m sure I read somewhere that the first leg would be on Friday, but saw someone on here suggest it might be Sunday.

Has anything been announced? No tickets are available on Glasgow‘s website.

I’m sure I read somewhere that the first leg would be on Friday, but saw someone on here suggest it might be Sunday.

Has anything been announced? No tickets are available on Glasgow‘s website.

Friday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrisB said:

Friday

Thanks.

The forecast is horrendous; the first dry day is Monday, according to BBC Weather.

Why don’t we borrow Redcar’s track sheets? They won’t be needing them.

28-B00026-2441-419-E-83-B4-100601-EEBAD4

37 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Thanks.

The forecast is horrendous; the first dry day is Monday, according to BBC Weather.

Why don’t we borrow Redcar’s track sheets? They won’t be needing them.

28-B00026-2441-419-E-83-B4-100601-EEBAD4

Don't look at the BBC forecast as it's not very reliable.

Met Office is better although that too forecasts heavy rain Friday but a dry Sunday & Monday.

Think it's gonna be called off on Friday. 

• Like 1

First leg announced for this Friday, 6th October. Forecast is lousy so is it a ploy to get Poole all the way up there on a wasted journey? Pretty sure the travelling Pirates fans will be miffed if it’s called off having wasted some serious cash making the very long trip. Sundays forecast looks a lot better. Guess we will have to just wait and see. Expecting a sodden deep track just like last night if it goes ahead as planned.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcuvz3bch#?date=2023-10-06

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

First leg announced for this Friday, 6th October. Forecast is lousy so is it a ploy to get Poole all the way up there on a wasted journey? Pretty sure the travelling Pirates fans will be miffed if it’s called off having wasted some serious cash making the very long trip. Sundays forecast looks a lot better. Guess we will have to just wait and see. Expecting a sodden deep track just like last night if it goes ahead as planned.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcuvz3bch#?date=2023-10-06

The first leg will be at Poole and the second will be Glasgow. We’ve got a weather machine up here, so we’ll force a second leg at home.

I, for one, cannot wait to see Lee Complin perform another erotic sex dance on the back straight, having just lapped Richard Lawson in heat fourteen to secure the title.

4 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

The first leg will be at Poole and the second will be Glasgow. We’ve got a weather machine up here, so we’ll force a second leg at home.

I, for one, cannot wait to see Lee Complin perform another erotic sex dance on the back straight, having just lapped Richard Lawson in heat fourteen to secure the title.

There is no way Poole will give up the 2nd leg after last season!

PS.Why would Lawson be in heat 14?

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

What a strange post 

Oh the irony.......!:rofl:

• Like 1