British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

33 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If someone asked if would you take a 14 point margin of victory tonight I would have bitten there hand off, now on reflection we really could have and probably should have put it beyond Poole tonight.

With our abysmal recent showings at Poole you can only hope we sort ourselves out and give it our all.

As some have said for the second consecutive week our team manager continues to baffle us all with his decision making.

How long does he get a free pass with this it is borderline negligence.

Pre- meeting I think Glasgow would have been delighted with a 14 point win. But after such a great start, may feel it was an opportunity missed not to have a bigger lead.

I don't think there's anything "borderline" about it at all, to make a mistake once is bad (but he got away with it), to make the same mistake the very next meeting is horrendous.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pijper does not have to take an r/r ride. Complin x 2,  Brennan, and Tarasenko can take the 4mrides. And Complin can then take one of Pijpers programmed rides to have 7 rides to Pijpers 3. 

Steve, there is only one person who doesn't know . Why he can't accept he is wrong when everyone is telling him he is wrong is beyond me.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, GS550 said:

You're wrong.  Brennan, Tarasenko, Complin and Pijper must take a r/r each.  You're the one that needs to keep up!

When about a dozen people disagree with you on the r/r ruling, is it not time to consider, you may be the one who has the rules wrong?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, GS550 said:

You can be biased all you like.  The replays showed that Thompson took Ace's left leg away.  If you want to be in denial, biased and blind then that's your choice.

No he didn't

12 minutes ago, marko said:

And if you have a number eight, they can take all four r/r if the team manager desires it, no such thing as a compulsory r/r ride, never has been.

Exactly.R/r doesn’t even come into this,as long as Ace has 3 rides in the meeting

012.4.4 Rider Replacement (RR) Facility allows the absent rider’s programmed rides to be shared out between other team members (including any Guest riders), subject to: - a) the rider who by MA is directly above the absent rider and all riders below may take one RR each b) a reserve can have more than one RR c) RR is not permitted in Heat 15 d) only one position per team may be declared as RR e) a nomination once made cannot be changed f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7. 

Bedtime 

Edited by DJEuan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DJEuan said:

012.4.4 Rider Replacement (RR) Facility allows the absent rider’s programmed rides to be shared out between other team members (including any Guest riders), subject to: - a) the rider who by MA is directly above the absent rider and all riders below may take one RR each b) a reserve can have more than one RR c) RR is not permitted in Heat 15 d) only one position per team may be declared as RR e) a nomination once made cannot be changed f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7. 012.4.5 Tactical Substitut

Ok it's bedtime GJ DJeuan, goodnight all let's see what Wednesday brings,

Has Dr Shovlar posted his "we're the underdogs" post yet? 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

No he didn't

I can’t say for certain as we’re I stand it wasn’t conclusive if there was contact.

But I am guessing that the referee would have used the BSN footage if he wasn’t sure to confirm if there was contact.

Based on this are you basing your view of it from the BSN footage ?.

Genuine question as I haven’t seen the footage.

2 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

012.4.4 Rider Replacement (RR) Facility allows the absent rider’s programmed rides to be shared out between other team members (including any Guest riders), subject to: - a) the rider who by MA is directly above the absent rider and all riders below may take one RR each b) a reserve can have more than one RR c) RR is not permitted in Heat 15 d) only one position per team may be declared as RR e) a nomination once made cannot be changed f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7. 

Bedtime 

Just hope that GS550 can read and understand this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

On a side not from the Ace needed to take it or not debacle.

Glasgow just matched the biggest Defeat Poole have had all season in all competitions. So could we have asked for any more from the boys.

Except from the team manager lol!

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just hope that GS550 can read and understand this.

I'd salute GS550 if he or she did. 

It's easy to be right it's less easy to be wrong.

Why did Bomber not take a R/R ride.

Just joking GS550 before I set you off on one again.

• Haha 3

Oh Cami has replied on Facebook. " Lee Complin had 6 rides had a fall and problems with his steel shoe 7 rides in 14 races is extremely difficult"