British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

A few Witches fans would be best going to bed and focus on the Ipswich 2024 thread in the morning

Sheffield and other fans getting alot of bites with their rods out, and deservedly so (for sheffield fans)

• Like 1

Congratulations to Sheffield. Unlike the commentators, I don't think it was at all surprising that Sheffield pulled this back, Ipswich have too many weak links on away tracks. The only surprise for me was that it was only 4 in the end, it looked like it was going to be more at heat 10.

It wasn't much of a watch, they seemed to be rushing with a bit too much haste to heat 10 at least so they would be guaranteed a result. 

I'm not an Ipswich fan, but there are still unnecessary digs at their track, and also at Jason Doyle. Can't people just enjoy their win?

• Like 3

Harris and Etheridge, the two guests scored more between them than five of the Ipswich riders put together !!

1 minute ago, noggin said:

Well done Sheffield, wanted it more, as for Ipswich how do you throw away 18 points lead? too many passengers, the title isn't tainted because of guests, what do you expect Sheffield to do, It's Speedway Injuries happen.....as for guests getting a medal, that's  farcical, I'd be giving mine to Tobi who was there for 99% of the season.

And Ellis and Kerr who were there for about 70% of it...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Guess you are one of the idiots at the track shouting abuse at everyone 

Vile set of supporters showing true colours

Enjoy the tainted title 

lower than a snakes belly that lot !! been through it myself there !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

And Ellis and Kerr who were there for about 70% of it...

True.

4 minutes ago, noggin said:

Well done Sheffield, wanted it more, as for Ipswich how do you throw away 18 points lead? too many passengers, the title isn't tainted because of guests, what do you expect Sheffield to do, It's Speedway Injuries happen.....as for guests getting a medal, that's  farcical, I'd be giving mine to Tobi who was there for 99% of the season.

I’m sure they don’t keep them & riders like Tobi & Jack will get one.

• Like 2

Amazing when the TV cameras are in town the weather doesn’t cause an abandonment of the meeting . Too many meetings called off during the season too early and October used to be for Testimonial matches back in the day . As for the winners Sheffield well done on your victory tonight  well deserved really thought 18 pts was big enough for them to defend  . The one rider who is always worth the entrance money is Josh Pickering he is a class act on any track and pleased for Simon Stead aswell

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Who was the Aussie who spoke on the mic after heat 15 and told the Ipswich fans to F off back to Ipswich  ? 

As I said from friends of mine who were there …. They aren’t the nicest of fans 

• Like 2

There are a lot of bitter Ipswich fans on here tonight.Just suck it up and congratulate Sheffield it will probably make you feel a bit better.Sheffield were the better side over two legs obviously.People whining about Sheffield picking horses for courses etc,what were they meant to do when they lost there top riders towards the end of the season.I'm sure they would have preferred not to lose anyone,but that's speedway.As a neutral i would much rather see a competitive final like that than to see Sheffield having to use reserves.

Some Ipswich fans also blaming Hume for the defeat.Imo the way Ipswich were built as a team they wouldn't expect Doyle/Sayfutdinov to drop 8pts between them anywhere like they did tonight.Could that not be part to blame too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

I’m sure they don’t keep them & riders like Tobi & Jack will get one.

Lambert kept his from last year he mentioned it in is rant interview on tuesday 

Just now, Gavan said:

Again take a look back over ths thread… not sure Ipswich fans are either 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I thought it was Chris holder but I may be wrong.