British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

Also Tai Woffinden on the mic after the meeting saying “Ipswich Witches need to get on their broomsticks and f*** off back to Ipswich” was pure quality :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Congrats to Sheffield fans enjoy your night.  Ipswich totally blew that, bottled it from Heat 1.  I was gob smacked they took 1&3 early on.  

This...

Gate 3 is usually the worst by far at Sheffiekd so to have Emil and Doyle both off it in the first four races seemed daft...

Two 3-3's there and a completely different start to the meeting...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Congratulations to Sheffield.  We stood on the 4th bend and had no problems at all with any Sheffield fans.  All teams have a few idiots that let themselves down 

however for Tai to say what he did on a public platform using that language was unacceptable.  All respect I had for him has gone.  

Sheffield certainly benefited having Bomber there instead of him in those conditions...

And as for Tuesday st Foxhall? 

If he had rode there, his toys would have been even further out of their joint pram then Lambert's were...:D

6 hours ago, AceBelle said:

Eh howarth is Sheffield captain and Harris rides for Glasgow in championship who are in the final not wooden spoonists 

Howarth is Sheffield captain and Plymouth captain (who finished bottom)

As an Ipswich supporter I have to take my hat off to Sheffield those guys dug in & got the result…..congratulations Tigers.

As for Ippo the two legs summed up our season, led superbly by the top two while the rest were inconsistent & gifted points away at times. Riders going missing & riding odd lines when they needed to step up & try something different. I can’t for the life of me work out why we took 1&3 when Tatum who had walked the track said that 3 was awful.

Enjoy the glory Tigers & hopefully we’ll all be back to go again in 2024 for some more premiership speedway.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Howarth is Sheffield captain and Plymouth captain (who finished bottom)

But the picture posted was Harris with trophy not howarth :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

But the picture posted was Harris with trophy not howarth :rolleyes:

It is Harris but I don't think the remark had anything to do with him, just the sentiment of 'summing up British Speedway'.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

It is Harris but I don't think the remark had anything to do with him, just the sentiment of 'summing up British Speedway'.

Should have been a picture of howarth to clarify their point :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Wow imagine wishing harm on a rider, when they’re doing this for YOUR entertainment, half wit.

Did anyone get injured or harmed? Harris didn't even complain you idiot just saying the hard riding on them for constantly moaning 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

All 7 Ipswich riders did their best, which for some of them wasn't good enough.

On Tuesday night, only 6 Sheffield riders put in a shift - it could have been so much easier for them if Holder had bothered to turn up.

Hey-ho.  A new day tomorrow, life goes on.

He turned up in heat 15 last night, thats all that matters

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CB252 said:

Of course it's a farce. It has been for years.

The alternative is going down with honour, like Wroclaw did in the Ekstraliga final, but British fans don't seem to want that.

yes we could have gone down with honour with only four riders in each match, did Wroclaw only have four riders in their match?

you seem to forget that Ipswich only beat Belle Vue because of guests

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Mad that they were able to “sign” vissing and him not ride a meeting

Mad that we signed Vissing and he rode in meetings for us before he got injured, don't let the truth get in the way will you

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

A 13 man team....:D

Yes no wonder won we against Ipswich team who were a two man team, very unfair

Edited by The Third Man

Congrats to Sheffield, nice to see a fresh name on the throphy, end of the day Ipswich were always gonna struggle if the top 3 didn't score 30 between them as the other 4 riders haven't been good enough all season generally im afraid, end of the day it was a just pleasure to see Emil ride over here for a season.

• Like 2