British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

1 hour ago, lewy said:

It's all down to the averages, if certain riders were available or wanted to sign then trigger would have been in the team as he's not I'm guessing Garry and Mark have gone a different route. Personally I think the change of track and a new challenge will bode well for trigger and on the plus side he's still a Plymouth asset and local which could come into play in the future. 

Lewy, Lewy whats wrong?  You're only guessing? I thought you were one of those itk?:cheers:

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lewy, Lewy whats wrong?  You're only guessing? I thought you were one of those itk?:cheers:

I know nothing, never pretended to. However I do have a very reliable source for information on Poole and he's usually very reliable. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:12 PM, Fromafar said:

Maybe Trigger did not want to be there.

I spoke to Mark Phillips today and he said trigger was keen to get signed up and Redcar were interested so he gave them permission to talk to trigger and they agreed terms, he wasn't prepared to wait and see if Plymouth were going to need a 2pt rider so it was his decision to go to Redcar. 

On 12/2/2023 at 4:32 PM, lewy said:

I spoke to Mark Phillips today and he said trigger was keen to get signed up and Redcar were interested so he gave them permission to talk to trigger and they agreed terms, he wasn't prepared to wait and see if Plymouth were going to need a 2pt rider so it was his decision to go to Redcar. 

Trigger did want to return to Plymouth in 2024 but was told that they didn’t know if they required a 2 pointer  which is strange as they already had offered a 2 pointer a place in the team but that rider turned Plymouth down for another club ( That club is not mentioned for obvious reasons! )A decision to move on  was based on the fact that Plymouth had a number of targets to complete their last 2 places  in the team to which none of their options included Trigger so it was quite obvious but disappointing that Trigger needed to seek alternative arrangements for the 2024 season 

18 minutes ago, ch958 said:

did I read that the track is being lengthened?

Yes 

On 12/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, HGould said:

Might be a blessing as he was allegedly mopping up big chunks of local sponsorship 

If that now goes to the Club and other riders it may make the overall Club package far more attractive. 

He needs at least another season in NDL. 

I think you will find quite the opposite, none of Triggers sponsors are supporting him rather than Plymouth, they are pretty much all friends & family & I think you will find that the team may lose some sponsorship & support with Trigger not being offered a team spot for 2024 

58 minutes ago, Batfink said:

I think you will find quite the opposite, none of Triggers sponsors are supporting him rather than Plymouth, they are pretty much all friends & family & I think you will find that the team may lose some sponsorship & support with Trigger not being offered a team spot for 2024 

They may well lose a couple of sponsors but the overall picture is alot better with the new commercial manager doing a sterling job in attracting new sponsorship and advertising and hopefully a more successful season will help the club gain momentum going forward. Riders come and go but the club is more important, I have sponsored individuals in the past but the bigger picture is if the clubs don't run then there's even less chance for youngsters finding team spots.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

No surprise Ben barker the first signing for Plymouth I’m glad he’s back.

Saw that, and noted Gary calling him his 2nd heat leader which is a relief, as a number one he isn't. Needs to improve his away form next season but can't fault him at home.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Saw that, and noted Gary calling him his 2nd heat leader which is a relief, as a number one he isn't. Needs to improve his away form next season but can't fault him at home.

Can never fault his attitude to racing.

He can be a right pain in other aspects mind

• Like 1