British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

3 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I make Dan on 4.86 and Joe on 3.51.

With Alfie and Ben signed that's 20.26 I believe. Leaves 17.74 for the last three.

I'm guessing the team will line up something like...

2. Bowtell

4. Dan

5. Barker

6. Joe

Lots of talk about Newman (5.51), would leave the chance for a decent number one and would negate the need for a two pointer.

Kyle will be at Plymouth in 2024. 

4 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

The Thompson twins are the next 2 riders announced in the local paper this morning. 

Nice quick trip from the Midlands to Devon on a summer Saturday afternoon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

There has to be a heat leader with a higher average than BB (7.41) according to Garry May's previous comments.

Where have you seen this please? The only article I’ve seen quotes Garry referring to Barker as ‘one of his heat leaders’ which still applies if it’s Barker, Rowe and Newman.

There was a further newspaper article with Garry stating the team will be an all round strength team as there are no heat leaders left available 

One name who I haven't seen mentioned on any of the Championship threads is Bradley Wilson-Dean, his average would be 8.21.

He mentioned on Facebook that he has recieved 2 team offers for 2024. Not an ideal average with him not properly riding over here since 2019 (rode 1 match for Newcastle in 2022)

Still only just turned 29, someone will have take a gamble on him sometime you'd think if he wants to get back into British Speedway.

Also won the US Open championship recently in October.

There has to be a heat leader with a higher average than BB (7.41) according to Garry May's previous comments.

Would fit into these comments, I did see them somewhere, perhaps in the Speedway Star?

Riss is 7.35, Batch is 7.16

Must be Sedgman on 7.69 then?

2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

One name who I haven't seen mentioned on any of the Championship threads is Bradley Wilson-Dean, his average would be 8.21.

He mentioned on Facebook that he has recieved 2 team offers for 2024. Not an ideal average with him not properly riding over here since 2019 (rode 1 match for Newcastle in 2022)

Still only just turned 29, someone will have take a gamble on him sometime you'd think if he wants to get back into British Speedway.

Would fit into these comments, I did see them somewhere, perhaps in the Speedway Star?

Didn’t he struggle massively on his average at Newcastle? Would be a huge gamble 

Just now, Marky_Mark said:

Didn’t he struggle massively on his average at Newcastle? Would be a huge gamble 

He had a big shoulder injury going into the season was never fit. Only rode 1 match I believe.

Last proper average was 6.37 in the Premiership 2019 for Peterborough.

23 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Where have you seen this please? The only article I’ve seen quotes Garry referring to Barker as ‘one of his heat leaders’ which still applies if it’s Barker, Rowe and Newman.

There was a further newspaper article with Garry stating the team will be an all round strength team as there are no heat leaders left available 

It was stated in the article in the local paper when Barker was announced.

14 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

I'd take Riss in a heartbeat, goes really well lat Plymouth, the other two can stay in Oz.

16 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Would be a terrible, terrible signing on that average.

10 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Agree it'd be the biggest gamble signing in the league, but no doubt he's got ability. 

13 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I'd take Riss in a heartbeat, goes really well lat Plymouth, the other two can stay in Oz.

Riss is riding for Landshut in the Polish league, not sure a Saturday night track will work for him

49 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Might be someone who hasn't ridden in UK for a while? 

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Kyle will be at Plymouth in 2024. 

i am glad Kyle has a team spot, he did talk of not having one with most teams complete. He may well show us why Poole should have given him another year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

i am sure i heard that BWD average had been reduced 

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

i am sure i heard that BWD average had been reduced 

Only good thing about him coming back would be the BSN commentary from roynon at Plymouth meetings.

• Haha 3