British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

I  wasnt referring to kyle, but plymouth seem to have 4 reserves , 1 second string and a moderate heatleader compared to most other sides, theyve prob gone skint on crump,pedersen,anderson etc in previous seasoms .

Looking at the averages, Kyle moves from a reserve last season, to a heat leader next season 

Even with a top 10 point number one thats an awful side. 

42 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

He was wanted by me back at Poole,and lots of other supporters,unfortunately the lowering of the points limit even more made it impossible, good luck to Kyle, i think he will be in for an excellent season now he is pain free, after his shoulder operation 

If your promoter really wanted him back then he would have left someone else out, so he obviously didn’t want him back that much .

19 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Even with a top 10 point number one thats an awful side. 

You may be right, but I hope and think we may surprise a few depending on who the no 1 is.

41 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If your promoter really wanted him back then he would have left someone else out, so he obviously didn’t want him back that much .

Kyle was in the original line-up having decided to let Steve Worrall go, but then Tom Brennan became available and it all changed - unfortunately affecting Anders and Kyle.

Kyle will still have his testimonial at Wimborne Road though - probably one of the early meetings with Richard Lawson's scheduled for later in the season!

PS. Is Sedgman the new number 1?;)

Edited by Skidder1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Kyle was in the original line-up having decided to let Steve Worrall go, but then Tom Brennan became available and it all changed - unfortunately affecting Anders and Kyle.

Kyle will still have his testimonial at Wimborne Road though - probably one of the early meetings with Richard Lawson's scheduled for later in the season!

PS. Is Sedgman the new number 1?;)

Honestly mate, I have no idea. What I do no is I don’t want Wilson dean I’m glad Kyle will have his testimonial at Wimborne road as I no the fans appreciate him and I hope he does a great job for us.

Nico Covatti is confirmed as the No. 1.

It’s clear from the comments on every signing that all was not well in the pits last season, too many personality’s but this year, Garry clearly has assembled a team who he thinks are going to graft and fight for every point. It might not have the team of names and stars like other teams but Plymouth won’t be push overs.

Plenty of room for improvement on averages across the course of the season and us supporters, as long as we see the team fighting for everything on the track then that’s all we can ask for. Us Bar Bandits will be right behind the team once again making our voices heard at home and more importantly away. We can’t wait to get out and support the Gladiators in 2024 and good news, we’ve some new songs planned for you all to hear at your respective tracks ;)

• Like 2

Diamonds85 will be pleased, no bwd after all!:D

Edited by lewy

Very workman like team all riders will do a decent job and give 100% that’s for sure,weirdly I actually quite like the Plymouth team 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Nico Covetti is the last signing according to the Herald

Do we know his starting average? I'm assuming he'll be doubling up then as can't see him coming over just to ride championship.

So it's Covatti, Bowtell, Newman, D Thompson, Barker, J Thompson and Hook - Not the team I'd have thought we'd be putting together and I think we're going to struggle in a lot of heat 13s and 15s both home and away but hopefully, with a strong(ish) reserve pair we can make up for it in other heats. Lots of improvement from the non-heat leaders required!

4 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Do we know his starting average? I'm assuming he'll be doubling up then as can't see him coming over just to ride championship.

The official announcement says he's prepared to double up if an opportunity arises. Otherwise flying in and out for Championship matches!

18 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

So it's Covatti, Bowtell, Newman, D Thompson, Barker, J Thompson and Hook - Not the team I'd have thought we'd be putting together and I think we're going to struggle in a lot of heat 13s and 15s both home and away but hopefully, with a strong(ish) reserve pair we can make up for it in other heats. Lots of improvement from the non-heat leaders required!

It looks a really poor team,surprised Howarth hasn't returned.