British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does it really matter it’s been decided end off.You or Skidder1 didn’t have say.!!!

Totally agree  it doesn't matter. :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, lewy said:

I was told different when doing my sponsorship deal aswell,and you been outed for lying on numerous occasions :nono:

Whatever! The point being that the vast majority of Championship promotions voted for the lower limit so the BSPL Board members had to go with the majority and clubs will just have to get on with it.

If you want to accuse a BSPL Management Board Director of lying, that's down to you!!

Anyway moving on...I assume from the Plymouth Management video comments from p&p day, that Saturdays meeting may well be off as the track is not yet raceable?? (Ps that's a question, not a statement.)

Edited by Skidder1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whatever! The point being that the vast majority of Championship promotions voted for the lower limit so the BSPL Board members had to go with the majority and clubs will just have to get on with it.

If you want to accuse a BSPL Management Board Director of lying, that's down to you!!

Anyway moving on...I assume from the Plymouth Management video comments that Saturdays meeting may well be off as the track is not yet raceable?? (Ps that's a question, not a statement.)

If the meeting is off it will be down to the torrential rain we've had for the last 18hours and the poor weather for the rest of the week but if the sun comes out who knows B)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Why?? Its the right decision!! How does not abiding to rules help with credibility!!  

But the NDL have slightly changed the rules to suit one team I totally get why they done that mind but it just opens a can of worms for other teams to try and do surely? You don’t want a young rider potentially missing out as was the case with Perry I think but rules should be equal for the three leagues surely? 

But at the same time the other promoters are partly to blame for not signing the young lad in the first place imo.

Edited by bloom89

Looks like it will garrity then , the saviour of Plymouth according to all the comments . Good enough , 7 against 7 ..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Doesnt the french league kick off early so theres going to be guys with equipment ready to go

Aarnio - believe contacted

Hynek Stichauer

Max Dilger

Mathieu Tressarieu

Lukas Fienhage

Any of these are better than a national league reserve on a short term contract perhaps 

Further left field perhaps jesse mustonsen. Might be keen to follow his mate over from finland at workington? Scored points in world cup too

Edited by ljriley90

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally understand the points you are making, but the time to plan for these situations are at the AGM. Did anyone point out a lack of heat leaders to cover for injuries? If they didnt think ahead then they suffer the consequences. As soon as one club is allowed flexibity, they'll all want it.

How many times have I suggested that they should be 6 man teams? It makes no sense to be continuing in the Championship with 7 rider teams

25 minutes ago, Najjer said:

How many times have I suggested that they should be 6 man teams? It makes no sense to be continuing in the Championship with 7 rider teams

Many, many times.    Like a cracked 78rpm disc.     Like the Burnley and Sheffield United supporters who currently believe they'd get access to better players and get off the floor of the table if soccer across the nation would only go to ten-man teams..... 

• Haha 3

Does anyone know what garritys average would be,possibly reassessed after being out for a number of years. 

34 minutes ago, lewy said:

Does anyone know what garritys average would be,possibly reassessed after being out for a number of years. 

• Haha 6

I think the way Plymouth abused the rule book a couple of seasons ago with the Eddie Kennett debacle and were allowed to use a guest all season for him .
They broke no rules I admit but this is why the Rule book over a missing rider was tightened up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think the way Plymouth abused the rule book a couple of seasons ago with the Eddie Kennett debacle and were allowed to use a guest all season for him .
They broke no rules I admit but this is why the Rule book over a missing rider was tightened up

By your own admission, no rules were broken; so there was no ‘abuse of the rule book’. Whether the rules adequately deal with such a situation is a different matter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think you've contradicted yourself :rofl:

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

I think you've contradicted yourself :rofl:

Apologies I worded it wrong due to. the Eddie Kennett situation the rule book had to be changed

• Like 1