British Speedway Forum
Hooky

Sheffield Tigers 2024

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

They would have both been 3.

Gilkes being the better rider is ideal to keep at RS, that way, if he betters his average again you'll get a better benefit from his -25% in future. 

I'm not sure Gilkes would have been a 3.00 rider, "rising stars" get a 25% reduction when they "graduate" from the RS system, but I don't think they'd get one just for racing at number 6?

Edited by szkocjasid

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not sure Gilkes would have been a 3.00 rider, "rising stars" get a 25% reduction when they "graduate" from the RS system, but I don't think they'd get one just for racing at number 6?

He would get his 5% British reduction of his 3.67 average as I interpret the regulations

I’m looking forward to seeing how the new team gel. Very strong top 5. It will be interesting how Gilkes and Edwards progress. Gilkes up and down and inconsistent with gating. I liked how Jason rode, cool calm and collected. I’m sure Steady and the rest of the team will help both lads out. Bring on March.

Anything of interest come up at last night's STAARS meeting?

No, Peter Mole said it had been quiet because of the holidays but preparations for the season were well underway

Kyle Howarth coming to the one in February when he will hopefully give more info about his testimonial

Not sure if ive missed it but do we have a date for the P&P yet ?

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

Not sure if ive missed it but do we have a date for the P&P yet ?

Not aware of anything. If there is to be one would have thought it would be this week, considering the first match scheduled for 14th March.

Still no news on P&P, could it be Weds 20th March ahead of first league match? 

• Thanks 1

Media press day for all teams march  20th at b/vue 

Posted (edited)

March 20th   P & P   gates open  6pm

Edited by Dornier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Panther1997 said:

Does anyone know if Thursday’s meeting against Oxford is in doubt? I see the stockcars meeting on Easter Monday has been postponed due to ‘YorStox and the Stadium team do not believe we will be able to get the track to a good raceable level ’ 

https://briscaf1.com/2024/03/22/sheffield-1st-april-event-postponed/

The weekly forecast isn’t looking great