British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

8 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m not sure if this is tongue in cheek? Those in the know seem to be hinting that a deal to sign Worrall by Glasgow has already been done (as happened with Basso two years ago) which would explain his poor form (IMO) towards the end of the season. I make it 7.11 over the last four meetings and had guessed he’d been told by Poole that he was being released at the end of the season so wasn’t trying so hard. I’m probably completely wrong, usually am. 

Definitely not tongue in cheek

Doesn't matter what Steve Worrall scored in last 4 meetings playoffs/KO cup don't count for averages anyway.

7 is still a heat leader, especially if building teams to 38 points.

No idea if Steve's been signed. 

Edited by gmarsbar2
additional info

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Eeny meeny minni mo where will he go ?

SCUNTHORPE

what would he come in on with the lower points limit it going to be hard for new riders to be attractive 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I say it every winter but what about Fraser Bowes :D

hard with him being a 5 ave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

hard with him being a 5 ave

Bit easier in a 38 limit, plenty experience in Poland now. Like to think could maintain that. I suppose our days of taking these risks on Aussies and Danes are gone, just pick up the ones who look like will make the grade elsewhere 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I say it every winter but what about Fraser Bowes :D

He did come for a practise ride at Ashfield this season but his 5 av is the problem 

1 hour ago, TracksideView said:

He did come for a practise ride at Ashfield this season but his 5 av is the problem 

yes looked ok but his 5 ave is just a gamble but he might end up somewhere this year but don’t think it will be glasgow 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

yes looked ok but his 5 ave is just a gamble but he might end up somewhere this year but don’t think it will be glasgow 

There would be plenty of worse gambles. In Poland u24 league averaged more than Borke, Edwards, Bailey, Flint and Zischke.

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

There would be plenty of worse gambles. In Poland u24 league averaged more than Borke, Edwards, Bailey, Flint and Zischke.

Nowak regularly beat Masters et al in Poland but averaged less than 6 here. Its not always of equivalence what they do elsewhere where tracks are totally different. In a 42 point team you can risk an unknown quantity on a 5 but at 38 every point is a prisoner and needs put to good use.

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Bit easier in a 38 limit, plenty experience in Poland now. Like to think could maintain that. I suppose our days of taking these risks on Aussies and Danes are gone, just pick up the ones who look like will make the grade elsewhere 

Promoters have to takes risks nowadays, British talent is still thin on the ground barring the real youngsters whose time will come but are still not consistent enough .Most Brits have been round the block and are journeymen now.IMO

12 hours ago, mac101 said:

Especially when you could get Hume back for less than 5 - providing Redcar don't keep him of course! 

17 minutes ago, DJC said:

Especially when you could get Hume back for less than 5 - providing Redcar don't keep him of course! 

This is typical GB speedway.You have to have a poor season drop your average in hope that you get aTeam Place somewhere the next season.It’s a joke.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

This is typical GB speedway.You have to have a poor season drop your average in hope that you get aTeam Place somewhere the next season.It’s a joke.

Rowe being the prime example, with the rumoured reduction he could start as a third heat leader but he's no where near that in reality yet. Dropped by Poole and don't really see where else he will end up in the CL