British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Out of curiosity what is the vastly inflated going rate?

I’m sure I read something recently where Bomber mentioned £90/point, and I got the feeling that was a league-mandated ceiling.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I’m sure I read something recently where Bomber mentioned £90/point, and I got the feeling that was a league-mandated ceiling.

Thought Dick would have answered my question.

10 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Out of curiosity what is the vastly inflated going rate?

It was Capped at £100/point  for 2023

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Might explain why some have said they were planning to drop Div 2?

Although "sponsors" might be able to top this up maybe? ;)

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Might explain why some have said they were planning to drop Div 2?

Although "sponsors" might be able to top this up maybe? ;)

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I guess someone outside a club could sponsor a ride according to their points. But a club can't channel money through someone else. I think the league do some kind of auditing on that.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I read what Bomber said, otherwise I'd point it out. He didn't say a lot, but he did reference it at some point.

Harris and Ben Cook top 2. Complin and Pijper reserves. How many points does that leave for other 3?

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Harris and Ben Cook top 2. Complin and Pijper reserves. How many points does that leave for other 3?

By rough calculation about 14? Bailey, borke and Gilkes wouldn't make a bad 7

26 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

By rough calculation about 14? Bailey, borke and Gilkes wouldn't make a bad 7

Three wrong

You'd have to expect Bailey back after his season just gone and the fact he is a Glasgow asset isn't he? Also, doesnt he work for the Glasgow owners during the week?

51 minutes ago, Pinny said:

hasnt it been said 5 of this years team leaving . if so cant be Bomber ace and lee in same team as that would mean only 4 had left

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

hasnt it been said 5 of this years team leaving . if so cant be Bomber ace and lee in same team as that would mean only 4 had left

Thought Basso, Brennan, Vissing and Tarasenko only four confirmed to not return?

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

The 5 include nowak and tarasenko I believe. Who took one place in the 7. So would be Ben, Tom, claus, nowak and tarasenko being the 5

• Like 1

Harris, B Cook, Complin and Pijper nailed on.

In view of some recent rumours, how about………Harris, B Cook, Flint, Hume, Borke, Complin, Pijper.     37.93

I do love it when the "I know more than you do " brigade show up.

My assumption would be with the Riders that are leaving announced, that Bomber, Complin and Ace are most probably staying.

The trick will be to get a strong 5 in probably around the 8 mark so it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's coming from the batch of ........ King,Worral,Kerr,cook,Lawson,Nichols,howarth or Wright.

I would also assume by taking one of those at 5 to get a heat leader at 3 would be between 5.5 and 6.5, leaving two riders in the 4's - 5's to fill the second strings.

Watching what other teams are doing helps you narrow everything down.

• Like 1