British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

30 minutes ago, lewy said:

I would live a face to face conversation with Skidder1, maybe it will happen next year.

As I'm unable to do away meetings any more it'll have to be if you travel up to Poole. Hopefully I'll be in my usual grandstand seat overlooking the start/finish line.

56 minutes ago, lewy said:

BTW why would you ask,or do you just want to gloat if they don't. More neutral fans would be disappointed if they didn't than if Poole did not run,that's if they are running especially as 2024 will be the last at Wimborne Road. 

Who has confirmed 2024 is there last season at wimborne road 

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As I'm unable to do away meetings any more it'll have to be if you travel up to Poole. Hopefully I'll be in my usual grandstand seat overlooking the start/finish line.

I may get to poole next season if so I will find you. Usually have a beer or 2 with some pool fans in the pub just up the road from the stadium. 

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

I may get to poole next season if so I will find you. Usually have a beer or 2 with some pool fans in the pub just up the road from the stadium. 

Ah yes the George. I remember those days when I used to drink at speedway - long passed nowadays as it used to skew my opinions. Didnt realise it had a pool table!:blink:

Edited by Skidder1

Welcome to the Glasgow Tigers 2024 page, but thought I'd mention something that has got nothing to do with 2024. Just watched the 2023 Grand Final home leg on BSN - its really worth watching. If you don't know the score, Glasgow won 52-38.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The arrogance from the south is still strong I see :D

• Like 2

That’s what happens when your the reigning CHAMPIONS. Don’t class all of us down south in that bracket I no most Plymouth fans are delighted you won it and after Oxford went out I’m sure most of them also.

Edited by Mike0310

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

That’s what happens when your the reigning CHAMPIONS. Don’t class all of us down south in that bracket I no most Plymouth fans are delighted you won it and after Oxford went out I’m sure most of them also.

Yes apologies Glasgow fans. It wasn't me who started it!!!

On 10/29/2023 at 12:19 PM, lisa-colette said:

Because Matt builds good teams every year, no matter how much you hate it! Last time Poole had a 'struggling season' was 2009. Speaks for itself. 

Glasgow have built a good team every season since 2015, since the Facennas took over, they've always been a top 4 club (I think). Not as successful as Poole, but that doesn't mean they can't build a strong team.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:42 AM, poole keith said:

Glasgow are in a great position to do things that probably no other club in the country can,so fair play and well done,final two moves reqd,bring in matt ford to build your teams and Pete Adams to manage them!!

How much does a manager effect a teams fortunes. Cami I'd considered by many to be a poor manager, regularly makes odd heat 15 choices, doesn't put his top 2 at 1+5 (a nit pick of mine) gives his weakest rider an unnecessary 4th ride - but still won the league.

Stuart Dickson has a reputation of being a good manager, tactically astute, but his changes made Leicester worse & didn't help Birmingham much.

Pete Adams has won many titles, but in recent years Wolves had made the play-offs but then proceed to lose home & away on the semis!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 10:48 AM, TracksideView said:

So Glasgow are doing further track upgrades, building a training track, creating an Academy ( bikes already purchased and arrived from Poland) , adding more seating to the new stand on bend three, invested in TV, Radio and Newspaper advertising and several other projects going on behind the scenes , so how exactly is that 'cutting the cloth relative to income of the club' ??

Glasgow promotion are focused on investing into the SPORT and not just the club.

Didn't Glasgow's promoters sponsor the league last year too..?

Maybe they are investing all that money they saved by not needing to pay Poole any "first prize cash"?;):D

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Didn't Glasgow's promoters sponsor the league last year too..?

Maybe they are investing all that money they saved by not needing to pay Poole any "first prize cash"?;):D

Allied Mobility sponsored Team GB last year as they've done this year as well, with Allied's Cab's Direct sponsoring the Championship this season.

Maybe Poole should have invested some of that "first prize cash" from previous seasons into purchasing some material for their track, but then again what would have been the point when every track grade consists of grading away any material produced from racing :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, szkocjasid said:

How much does a manager effect a teams fortunes. Cami I'd considered by many to be a poor manager, regularly makes odd heat 15 choices, doesn't put his top 2 at 1+5 (a nit pick of mine) gives his weakest rider an unnecessary 4th ride - but still won the league.

Stuart Dickson has a reputation of being a good manager, tactically astute, but his changes made Leicester worse & didn't help Birmingham much.

Pete Adams has won many titles, but in recent years Wolves had made the play-offs but then proceed to lose home & away on the semis!

I agree what u said about Wolves .They make the play offs most years then go to pieces. 

Bombers posted on Facebook about signing a new contract and a "new adventure"...surely this is for Premiership..!

21 minutes ago, Kerryxo said:

Bombers posted on Facebook about signing a new contract and a "new adventure"...surely this is for Premiership..!

Or any country !!!