British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

20 hours ago, StevePark said:

Unless it's top riders in the individual meetings (like the Championship Riders Championship etc), fans don't seem interested (and haven't for a while now), so how that would work would be a worry.  For instance I felt really sorry for Stuart Robson, as his Farewell Meeting was poorly attended and, for a servant to British Speedway, I thought he deserved better than that.

Stuart’s testimonial should have been the first match at Redcar last season and when it got cancelled it should have been the next meeting

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

What’s the script with the amateur dramatics team building announcements?

I’m delighted Complin is back, but firing-out a cloak-and-dagger social media post with nothing more than a date, then subsequently announcing the first reserve’s return is speedway’s equivalent to Netflix releasing a set date drumroll which turned-out to be Ready, Steady, Cook. I’m happy, but f*cking hell, talk about underwhelming.

It isn’t a huge deal because I’ve got faith in the club’s ability to build a solid team, but if I was the supporter of another club, I’d be pointing and laughing. It’s like they’ve let the social media work experience lead on this one.

An incredible gesture with the charities again though. Fantastic stuff.

There was a winter social event organised by the GTSG on the 1st December maybe the club were just trying to generate interest in that.

Regarding building a solid team rumour has it you'll be disappointed.

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Stuart’s testimonial should have been the first match at Redcar last season and when it got cancelled it should have been the next meeting

Maybe not easy to get the riders at short notice though.He had some desperate bad .luck regarding his Testimonial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

There was a winter social event organised by the GTSG on the 1st December maybe the club were just trying to generate interest in that.

Regarding building a solid team rumour has it you'll be disappointed.

What is the rumoured team? I haven’t had the opportunity to see anything on here over the past couple of months.

I assume Harris will be one, but find it off that if so, he wasn’t announced following the cryptic “01/12/23” nonsense on social media. Again, nothing against Lee Complin who I’m a huge fan of.

21 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

What’s the script with the amateur dramatics team building announcements?

I’m delighted Complin is back, but firing-out a cloak-and-dagger social media post with nothing more than a date, then subsequently announcing the first reserve’s return is speedway’s equivalent to Netflix releasing a set date drumroll which turned-out to be Ready, Steady, Cook. I’m happy, but f*cking hell, talk about underwhelming.

It isn’t a huge deal because I’ve got faith in the club’s ability to build a solid team, but if I was the supporter of another club, I’d be pointing and laughing. It’s like they’ve let the social media work experience lead on this one.

An incredible gesture with the charities again though. Fantastic stuff.

We go through this pantomime every winter even though the septet seems to be the worst kept secret on the forum . 

It is what it is , clubs seem to love the drip feed nonsense 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Paulco said:

We go through this pantomime every winter even though the septet seems to be the worst kept secret on the forum . 

Just to keep us Forum  F@nnies squabbling no doubt.

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

If a club has any decent media contacts - social and/or traditional - then they prefer the "drip-feed" approach!  Simples.

If they haven't got any - why not?!

Edited by Skidder1

For what it's worth, IMO, I don't mind the 'drip feeding' of our signings for next year.

For me, I like the fact that maybe the Club's focus will be on the charities associated with each rider, that way they will get some attention for a period of time. Slightly different approach to other teams, but hey - we don't all want/need to be the same....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paulco said:

To me Oxford made a mistake announcing their whole (Premiership) team at once.

The return of Janowski to British Speedway should be headline news, but to me it's lost on the shuffle with the whole team announcement. Or is the the whole team announcement is glossed over by the Janowski signing.

The announcements don't have to be spread over a long period, even announcing one a day for a week, with an accompanying interview with the rider, would allow each signing his moment in the limelight.

I think the danger of dragging it out too long is that you risk annoying your loyal, hardcore fan base. If the idea is to keep the club in the media spotlight over several weeks then this can be done in various ways once you've named your team IMO. In mitigation Glasgow have got the wonderful idea of the charities as part of theirs which is fair enough.

• Like 2

Drip feeding news over the off season keeps people interested and engaged. Slowly releasing the news isn’t going to turn anyone off of the product. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Drip feeding news over the off season keeps people interested and engaged. Slowly releasing the news isn’t going to turn anyone off of the product. 

Very true .....

35 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Very true .....

• bull its very frustrating considering everyone bar glasgow knows the team  
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1