British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Do you have the rest of the line-up please?

Unfortunately not. The result is in the International section. Masters 4th!

• Thanks 1

A report on FB about the JSH Cup

JOHNNIE HOSKINS FOUNDERS CUP run at Kurri Kurri last night. What a debacle. What was going to be an individual was changed to a two, seven man team event due to the non appearance of two riders. No real problem there except the paying public were told half an hour before tapes up. Who is in which team? What are their riding numbers? where are the programmes? purchased one at Maitland on Friday for $10  but nah, that's no good, believe half of what the commentator tells you, I'm  sure he was doing his best but constantly wrong. If you are running a teams event how the hell do you get an individual winner? My question is, why change the format? I'm  certain a few phone calls to local juniors would have found two replacements willing to race  with the big boys. The Kurri club did very well with track preparation considering the heat, yes half an hour plus late in starting, I get it, but we all knew it was going to be a 40deg day three days ago, rather than let the public fry while waiting, could the start time have not been put back an hour? I will be back, but hell ...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

A report on FB about the JSH Cup

JOHNNIE HOSKINS FOUNDERS CUP run at Kurri Kurri last night. What a debacle. What was going to be an individual was changed to a two, seven man team event due to the non appearance of two riders. No real problem there except the paying public were told half an hour before tapes up. Who is in which team? What are their riding numbers? where are the programmes? purchased one at Maitland on Friday for $10  but nah, that's no good, believe half of what the commentator tells you, I'm  sure he was doing his best but constantly wrong. If you are running a teams event how the hell do you get an individual winner? My question is, why change the format? I'm  certain a few phone calls to local juniors would have found two replacements willing to race  with the big boys. The Kurri club did very well with track preparation considering the heat, yes half an hour plus late in starting, I get it, but we all knew it was going to be a 40deg day three days ago, rather than let the public fry while waiting, could the start time have not been put back an hour? I will be back, but hell ...........

Ah, so mibbe not such a great line up after all?……

On 12/17/2023 at 11:34 AM, Beirao said:

I get it, but we all knew it was going to be a 40deg day three days ago, rather than let the public fry while waiting, could the start time have not been put back an hour?

I stopped reading at 40° heat and just wept. You lucky sod! :D

Decent start from Pearson in Aussie championship 7 points. Same as masters and outscored rew, the cook brothers, Tate and bowes junior 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Decent start from Pearson in Aussie championship 7 points. Same as masters and outscored rew, the cook brothers, Tate and bowes junior 

Think Pearson is a decent signing for Tigers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think Pearson is a decent signing for Tigers.

Yeah think he could be. 3rd year time to kick on, would preferred him at reserve then again I wouldn't be shocked if both reserves and 2nd strings swapped places after 1st set of averages 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah think he could be. 3rd year time to kick on, would preferred him at reserve then again I wouldn't be shocked if both reserves and 2nd strings swapped places after 1st set of averages 

Time will tell.

Very impressed with Pearson's performance. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

If you sign 4 reserves can't have them all starting at reserve lol!

However for Glasgow to be successful think they need Pearson to put 1+ points on his average, which based on his Aussie form is very possible, so I don't really expect him to be near the reserve berths this year.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If you sign 4 reserves can't have them all starting at reserve lol!

However for Glasgow to be successful think they need Pearson to put 1+ points on his average, which based on his Aussie form is very possible, so I don't really expect him to be near the reserve berths this year.

Agreed, I think Pearson will average 6+ and be nowhere near reserve. Complin will probably kick on near a 5 point average with his home form especially.

Not sure about Ace after watching him last season there are better 2.00 riders out there this season. But Glasgow will be certs for the play offs imo.

3 hours ago, Marksman said:

Agreed, I think Pearson will average 6+ and be nowhere near reserve. Complin will probably kick on near a 5 point average with his home form especially.

Not sure about Ace after watching him last season there are better 2.00 riders out there this season. But Glasgow will be certs for the play offs imo.

6+… thats a hell of leap… will be poor away so unless he averages 8.5-9 at home he wont hit anywhere near 6+

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marksman said:

Wow 6+ no chance be lucky to get 5.