British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

20 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not unexpected news. Tarasenko was never going to be allowed to do a full season in champ by his polish club. won't take risk on Marcin again given what happened this season. Ben deserves to give Poland a real go without rushing around for flights after Friday meetings. Claus is pushing 40 and coming back from injury.

As others have said hopefully means have bomber Lee and ace as a base to build from. 

Claus is only 37.

Bomber will be 41 next month and no one is saying they don't want him back.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Claus is only 37.

Bomber will be 41 next month and no one is saying they don't want him back.

Not really comparing the same thing though are we? Bombers just had his best ever season since dropping back to the champ 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not unexpected news. Tarasenko was never going to be allowed to do a full season in champ by his polish club. won't take risk on Marcin again given what happened this season. Ben deserves to give Poland a real go without rushing around for flights after Friday meetings. Claus is pushing 40 and coming back from injury.

As others have said hopefully means have bomber Lee and ace as a base to build from. 

Something like this as a wee starter....

1. Harris 8.95

4. Bailey 5.23

6. Complin 3.5

7. Pijper 3.17

Leaves 17.15 left, if it is 38pts next year....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheggie said:

1. Harris 8.95

4. Bailey 5.23

6. Complin 3.5

7. Pijper 3.17

That actually seems relatively healthy/positive. What makes you so sure of Bailey? I cant help but think he may go to Workington.

2 minutes ago, cheggie said:

1. Harris 8.95

4. Bailey 5.23

6. Complin 3.5

7. Pijper 3.17

Yeah I'd think be looking at around a 7 pointer at no.5 to give a semblance of top end strength leaving someone like bailey as your 3rd HL. 

Borke possibly on a 4 at no.2? Leaving a 5.00/ 5.5 to complete? Really is going to look like a much different league next season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kerryxo said:

That actually seems relatively healthy/positive. What makes you so sure of Bailey? I cant help but think he may go to Workington.

I am not sure at all regarding Connor, but is he not an asset of Glasgow and could be a solid second string on that average, given the reduction in pts limit, plus has had a season at Redcar under his belt now. 

I think. Connor will be at Glasgow next year but I would be very happy to see him back in Comets colours next season .

I thought the rumours were having to have a 2 pointer at 7 (36 points for 6 riders)? 

Seeing lots of team threads where that isn’t the case.

Be interesting to seen where Bailey ends up - the sort of rider most teams will be looking for, plenty of room for improvement in his average. 

56 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah I'd think be looking at around a 7 pointer at no.5 to give a semblance of top end strength leaving someone like bailey as your 3rd HL. 

Borke possibly on a 4 at no.2? Leaving a 5.00/ 5.5 to complete? Really is going to look like a much different league next season.

Borke and Zitschke as second strings? 

Brennan shaped gap with those 7 point's isn't there! Not much out there after Riss, Ben Cook or Jake Allen. All of which seem nailed on elsewhere. Unless the aussie comes in on a 4 and you've got 8 points for a no5

• Like 1

i have a feeling conner will be at workington 

Edited by tigger63

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Think you're correct about your number 5 will be over the 7 mark.

• Like 1

Wonder if Glasgow would have an interest in Leon Flint.

2 hours ago, DJC said:

Vissing probably the only decision the club has had to make out of those. 

Imagine Piper will be considered a RS, if they are back, otherwise it could be a long tail

Piper isn't a 2 pointer though. So I'd imagine Complin as second string, Piper and 2 pointer. Which would mean more points for HLs. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think you're correct about your number 5 will be over the 7 mark.

Batch? 

Please :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch? 

Please :D

Nope