British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

18 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Could still get decent riders but not the ones with other continental aspiratioms. A lot of riders who have a full time job would be looking for a Saturday track.

Still don't think many riders have full time jobs away from speedway !!

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Comment from Connor Bailey when he was announced for Redcar tonight is that Workington riding on a Saturday was one of the reasons he chose Redcar.

Has he got Polish commitments next season? haven't seen him announced anywhere ?

Just now, SteelShoe said:

Has he got Polish commitments next season? haven't seen him announced anywhere ?

I think he said he wanted to keep his Saturdays free for travel, if he got any rides in Poland.

9 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I think he said he wanted to keep his Saturdays free for travel, if he got any rides in Poland.

Quite funny isn't it, Comets rode Saturday night for years never an issue. Thought he may have signed when he wasn't back at Glasgow i'm feeling a bit miffed off after hearing that. I would rather he said he got a better offer. He should improve again next season so will be a good rider again for you guys .

8 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Will be riding for Wrocław U24 side on Tuesdays again. Has to keep weekends free for practice over there if he wants to keep progressing.

No idea how he juggles a full time job, PL Championship and Poland! Fair play

30 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Will be riding for Wrocław U24 side on Tuesdays again. Has to keep weekends free for practice over there if he wants to keep progressing.

If you have that many commitments riding speedway all over the country/ Europe, I can't see how he can have  a full-time 4/5 day a week job !! Nowt against conner good luck to the kid

9 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Quite funny isn't it, Comets rode Saturday night for years never an issue. Thought he may have signed when he wasn't back at Glasgow i'm feeling a bit miffed off after hearing that. I would rather he said he got a better offer. He should improve again next season so will be a good rider again for you guys .

I’m very surprised that he wasn’t back at Glasgow given his improvement last season .obviously there are reasons.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

About time someone stood up to the poles,they get plenty of practice riding for other teams.

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

About time someone stood up to the poles,they get plenty of practice riding for other teams.

Need too pay more money.Which everybody knows is not going to happen.

40 minutes ago, Neila said:

If you have that many commitments riding speedway all over the country/ Europe, I can't see how he can have  a full-time 4/5 day a week job !! Nowt against conner good luck to the kid

Remember reading somewhere that Connor lives in Glasgow and was serving an apprenticeship with Allied Vehicles which I believe is owned by the Facennas. 

• Like 2

Because of the rider shortage which was exacerbated with the advent of doubling up/down I reckon we could be struggling to put a well balanced team together now, hope I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

The landscape has changed dramatically since 2018 unfortunately now that even 2nd tier 2nd strings are holding out for Poland. In Bailey's case he'd earn far more taking no rides as a no.8 in 2nd tier in Poland than if he got a max for worky. Can't blame him tbf, would you do the same job for half the wages of double was on offer?

The lineup for 2024, will be just fine. Don’t know what the panic is. May be something lined up soon to announce the riders.

CC111, Claus, Mitchell Cluff for starters