Kyle Bickley? 

I hope not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Kyle Bickley? 

very slim chance of that I think

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Supersteady84....we werent given the OPTION of staying in the NDL !!    At the time we were approached to ride in the Championship, the BSPA or powers to be, told the club that the NDL as such, is being ABANDONED !   So we had the "choice" of not running a team at all, or joining the championship, with all its additional costs. Some choice !

Then "AMAZINGLY"....after we had agreed to join the championship, the powers that be suddenly reinstated the NDL !   Now isnt that just more than a little bit "odd" ???

Then why not just drop out of the Championship and go NDL?

9 hours ago, HGould said:

Kyle Bickley? 

Imagine all the hysteria here over not having announced more names and then they announce Bickley. There’d be a meltdown. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Imagine all the hysteria here over not having announced more names and then they announce Bickley. There’d be a meltdown. 

There would, but fortunately it’s not gonna happen! There was a reason he wasn’t pursued last season when he wasn’t retired.

Got a good feeling about the 2024 side , I think people will be surprised!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Got a good feeling about the 2024 side , I think people will be surprised!

Hope your correct,  need some good names to keep fans onside, especially as the promotion have recently been pushing season ticket sales, but no riders named to help sell the tickets, yes if you like your speedway you are going to go whatever,  but lots of people like to see names who are gonna be in the team.

Hopefully we will have a team that will win at home and not disgraced away from home, and the fans back the promotion by turning up  UTC 

• Like 1

People maybe do like to see names before they commit to season tickets etc however there is a right and wrong way of enquiring, I imagine  rude demands for information on social media do irk a tad. Absolutely positive a real effort has gone into producing a competitive interesting team. C'mon Comets!

I’m hoping it’s a heat leader named tonight rather than a reserve or second string. I’m sure a lot of fans will be thinking the same. 

2 hours ago, comet49 said:

I’m hoping it’s a heat leader named tonight rather than a reserve or second string. I’m sure a lot of fans will be thinking the same. 

I'd always announce from the top down, whet the appetite of the supporters (& help sell season tickets).

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

Then why not just drop out of the Championship and go NDL?

I dont imagine its that simple mikebv. Money will have had to be up front to join championship and knowing the powers that be....that money will be "non refundable".  So its not poss to drop back to the NDL.  The question I want the answer to, is why were the Comets told there will be no NDL next year, and as a result were asked to join the championship, then all of a sudden AFTER they had agreed to do that, the powers that be suddenly reinstated the NDL ??   All very strange if you ask me !

2 hours ago, comet49 said:

too much focus on heat leaders 

teams are more successful  with strong reserves and 2nd strings that improve rather than strong heat leader who mins every race but his partner only picks up points if others dont finish race 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 1:23 PM, Marksman said:

Announcement will be our Number 1 I’m told, Happy Xmas!

Edited by Marksman