British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

5 hours ago, Marksman said:

Great line up for the Australian Centenary meeting on Friday including our own Tate Zischke, if anyone’s interested.

Live stream (pricy at $35/£19) starts about 7.25am UK time I believe.

https://www.thestreamingguys.com.au/production/speedway-night-2-solo-riders/

1. Kye Thomson (Australia) 
2. Jaimon Lidsey (Australia)
3. Ryan Douglas (Australia)
4. Declan Kennedy (Australia)
5. Rasmus Jensen (Denmark)
6. Tai Woffinden (Great Britain)
7. Keynan Rew (Australia)
8. Tate Zischke (Australia)
9. Max Fricke (Australia)
10. Chris Holder (Australia)
11. Adam Ellis (Great Britain)
12. Daniel Bewley (Great Britain)
13. Sam Masters (Australia)
14. Brady Kurtz (Australia)
15. Jason Doyle (Australia)
16. Rohan Tungate (Australia)

Tungate will be the one to beat

• Haha 1

Workington need some riders with established GB league pedigree to finish the team off now. Interesting team building so far but 3 newcomers to GB and the enigma that Cook now is could cause them a few problems. Good to see Worky back in the championship though.

• Like 4

On 12/26/2023 at 9:02 PM, Nickinho said:

It's precisely BECAUSE she is a girl/woman that the Comets have signed her. Be honest with yourself, would they have signed a rider on a 4.00 who struggles to get a point in the continent if they were male? Her signing is just pure tokenism, a gimmick. And giving her "the boot" if she fails to make any kind of impact will look even worse for Workington after they've made such a big deal of her signing. If she fails Workington are stuck with her.

Spot on. I have nothing personal against her and genuinely wish her well. But as with her wild card in a round of GP2 this is just a case of box ticking from the Workington promotion and a publicity stunt (a very good one at that). I would like to see more female riders at the higher level but they have to be good enough. Everyone loves a novelty but soon the novelty wares off. The Comets fans will soon get tired of her if she doesn't do the job after a few meetings. I do hope though that she proves me wrong. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Spot on. I have nothing personal against her and genuinely wish her well. But as with her wild card in a round of GP2 this is just a case of box ticking from the Workington promotion and a publicity stunt (a very good one at that). I would like to see more female riders at the higher level but they have to be good enough. Everyone loves a novelty but soon the novelty wares off. The Comets fans will soon get tired of her if she doesn't do the job after a few meetings. I do hope though that she proves me wrong. 

As long as any rider gives there best comets fans will support them,he or she it dont matter , and how many away tracks will benifit as people will go along to watch her.i hope she does well not as a " comet" but as just anyother rider,then some of u will have alot of pie to eat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

As long as any rider gives there best comets fans will support them,he or she it dont matter , and how many away tracks will benifit as people will go along to watch her.i hope she does well not as a " comet" but as just any other rider, then some of u will have a lot of pie to eat.

Exactly and that is the argument I always put forward in cases like this. A very good example is Horse Racing and Racheal Blackmore. She is one of the best jockeys out there. The media have tried to big her up as a trailblazer for women but she will have nothing to do with it. As far as she is concerned she is on equal terms with the blokes and no fanfare should be given to her just because she's a woman. However my argument has also been it should be the best person for the job regardless of whatever gender, etc they are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

As long as any rider gives there best comets fans will support them,he or she it dont matter , and how many away tracks will benifit as people will go along to watch her.i hope she does well not as a " comet" but as just anyother rider,then some of u will have alot of pie to eat.

i am sure the Workington promotion will stick with ALL the team that has been signed up for the 2024 season and plenty of posters on here wil remind james harris of his post

28 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Exactly and that is the argument I always put forward in cases like this. A very good example is Horse Racing and Racheal Blackmore. She is one of the best jockeys out there. The media have tried to big her up as a trailblazer for women but she will have nothing to do with it. As far as she is concerned she is on equal terms with the blokes and no fanfare should be given to her just because she's a woman. However my argument has also been it should be the best person for the job regardless of whatever gender, etc they are. 

AHH , i see what you did there you clever person. horse and horse power  really clever . NOT.

is that the rachel blackmore that won the grand national ?

Edited by j2ohh

Rowe and Batch to complete?

22 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

AHH , i see what you did there you clever person. horse and horse power  really clever . NOT

Taking into account the limited intelligence of most people on the Speedway Forum your comment and the lack of understanding of my post doesn't  suprise me. 

Edited by JamesHarris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Taking into account the limited intelligence of most people on the Speedway Forum your comment and the lack of understanding of my post don't suprise me. 

err, most people on here . what percentage is that then ?

Edited by j2ohh

1 minute ago, j2ohh said:

err, most people on here . what percentage is that the ?

And your limited grammar says it all.

Edited by JamesHarris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesHarris said:

And your limited grammar says it all.

was niver good at spellling .

• Like 1