British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

I'm more concerned about our number 1 been nowhere near Northside since November when he make all that noise about "Not finished yet". Unfortunately it's looking like he is.

The highlight for me this season was going to see Craig our number 1 and local lad smash all these visiting number 1's just like Stoney used to do.

Fingers crossed the stories going around are wrong.

29 minutes ago, H20 said:

I'm more concerned about our number 1 been nowhere near Northside since November when he make all that noise about "Not finished yet". Unfortunately it's looking like he is.

The highlight for me this season was going to see Craig our number 1 and local lad smash all these visiting number 1's just like Stoney used to do.

Fingers crossed the stories going around are wrong.

No idea we’re he is at but he was impervious whilst with Glasgow, then the wheels came off in the last 6 months until we had to acknowledge that his time with us had come to an end.

Latterly last season he was a shadow of his former self ,and it was really damning that Edinburgh had to call it a day with him as he was adored in those parts.

I hope to be proved wrong but rediscovering former glory with Craig is a long shot at best.

• Like 3

Take it from me there is no issues with Craig Cook he is in the zone no problems he will be there on the 23rd press day

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 1stbendharry said:

Take it from me there is no issues with Craig Cook he is in the zone no problems he will be there on the 23rd press day

@phillipsr better get that keyboard out for when you visit  IF you visit !!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, WokJoWe said:

I hope so. I've heard completely different but I'm holding out hope

Enlighten us all what you’ve heard?

break wind in Cumbria and every body smells it .

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

No idea we’re he is at but he was impervious whilst with Glasgow, then the wheels came off in the last 6 months until we had to acknowledge that his time with us had come to an end.

Latterly last season he was a shadow of his former self ,and it was really damning that Edinburgh had to call it a day with him as he was adored in those parts.

I hope to be proved wrong but rediscovering former glory with Craig is a long shot at best.

To be fair, when he was on the bike, he was very good. His Championship average was 9.13. Bomber was 9.14.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WokJoWe said:

I hope so. I've heard completely different but I'm holding out hope

thats the thing 

ive heard both good and bad  and from people who know craig well away from speedway

were just gonna have to wait and see arnt we 

just like we will have to see who the last rider is going to be 

Craig is a West Cumbrian lad who has shown over the years what a good Speedway rider he is. Local fans want him to do well for the promotion who have given him the chance when maybe most promotions wouldn't have, for the team because he has a big part to play in advising the young and new riders, and for himself . Personally I hope to see him fit and ready for the new season at P&P on Saturday, Andrew and Steve deserve nothing less.

• Like 2

Craig Cook has proved to be a top rider at Championship level, sadly for him those days seem long gone and his form has been om a gentle downward curve for the last season or two. It is to be hoped that a return to his local track will see him recapture at least some of the form that took him all the way to SGP.

I have my doubts, Cook seems a troubled sole who blames all around him for his lack of form, may need to take a look within to find a few answers.

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Craig is a West Cumbrian lad who has shown over the years what a good Speedway rider he is. Local fans want him to do well for the promotion who have given him the chance when maybe most promotions wouldn't have, for the team because he has a big part to play in advising the young and new riders, and for himself . Personally I hope to see him fit and ready for the new season at P&P on Saturday, Andrew and Steve deserve nothing less.

I certainly hope all the fears are unfounded as the promotion have put heart and soul into this venture and made a damn good job of it up to now. What ever happens it wont be through lack of trying on their part.Lets hope.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Noelinho said:

To be fair, when he was on the bike, he was very good. His Championship average was 9.13. Bomber was 9.14.

Wasn’t disputing how good he was key word being was.

13 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

@phillipsr better get that keyboard out for when you visit  IF you visit !!!!!!!

when you announcing this 7th rider that Cook told you was signed before Christmas.. come on don't be shy or people might think you dont actually know anything 

will i need to remove you from his backside first? He won't be there by the time i get up there will be later in the season

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

when you announcing this 7th rider that Cook told you was signed before Christmas.. come on don't be shy or people might think you dont actually know anything 

will i need to remove you from his backside first? He won't be there by the time i get up there will be later in the season

Feel free to show everyone where I said Cook told me by all means or that's right you can't lol 

I was told by someone who works down at speedway.

Of course it'll be later on !!!!! 

Edited by Supersteady84

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I could tell ya but you'll have to wait til Saturday and find out for yourself