British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

Weather not too bad in the morning (tomorrow) but cold, then wet in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Don't listen to rumours,  as said the track and the GT tyres arena looking good on the video on Facebook.  Also heard a bike going round this afternoon,  maybe our elusive rider no 7 or no 1 :blink:

Tate and Celina doing laps round small training track

Forcast cold and showers 

Looks like getting wet tomorrow and Easter egg run on Sunday 

Great 2 days of bikes and getting wet 

Typical British sumer time 

Think the showers could be few but a cool wind, wrap up warm perfect weather for speedway 

16 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Forcast cold and showers 

Looks like getting wet tomorrow and Easter egg run on Sunday 

Great 2 days of bikes and getting wet 

Typical British sumer time 

Don't know which forecast you are looking at, but Sunday shows a good sunny day

35 minutes ago, Neila said:

Don't know which forecast you are looking at, but Sunday shows a good sunny day

News said Sunday better showers clearing 

But as you know best forcast in Cumbria is look out of window 

• Haha 1

A few have already mentioned on here about Tate and Celina being down the track a lot since their arrival but also nice to see them chipping in and helping out on jobs around the place, great for them to build a relationship too. I’ve met both of them and although we’ve yet to see them on track I can say they will be great with the supporters.

Anyway today is the day down to the serious stuff, hope to see at few at the Waverley for a pint too !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paul84 said:

A few have already mentioned on here about Tate and Celina being down the track a lot since their arrival but also nice to see them chipping in and helping out on jobs around the place, great for them to build a relationship too. I’ve met both of them and although we’ve yet to see them on track I can say they will be great with the supporters.

Anyway today is the day down to the serious stuff, hope to see at few at the Waverley for a pint too !

I’ve seen them chipping in or at least trying to which is great to see I very much doubt any other riders do this maybe the young kids. Might be jumping the gun with this but if this season is relatively successful do they move up next year? There has been really positive stories since coming back so do they keep pushing on?

5 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

I’ve seen them chipping in or at least trying to which is great to see I very much doubt any other riders do this maybe the young kids. Might be jumping the gun with this but if this season is relatively successful do they move up next year? There has been really positive stories since coming back so do they keep pushing on?

I hope not …. We probably shouldn’t of gone up this year imo but here we are and we’ve done an amazing job in such a short time 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

Let's just enjoy this season and don't even think about moving up, as it won't happen,  too expensive,  no lighting etc.

So let's leave it there and enjoy to journey this season win lose or draw UTC 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Only 6 riders here today.

No.7 is being announced tonight at the meet the riders event in the Waverley at 7pm.

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Only 6 riders here today.

No.7 is being announced tonight at the meet the riders event in the Waverley at 7pm.

I'm not a Comets fan, but I'm taking a general speedway fan interest in all this chat regarding the 7th signing. 

I'm guessing the 7th rider is not physically in the country, or at least not in Cumbria today! 

The style of this announcement would be for a marquee signing, which again I'm guessing can't be the case.....? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Michael hartel (complete guess, I've got a 0.1% chance of looking smart) :D

Edited by Diamonds85

33 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I'm not a Comets fan, but I'm taking a general speedway fan interest in all this chat regarding the 7th signing. 

I'm guessing the 7th rider is not physically in the country, or at least not in Cumbria today! 

The style of this announcement would be for a marquee signing, which again I'm guessing can't be the case.....? 

I suspect it's more of a "we finally managed to get it done last night" affair.

• Like 1