British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Claus should surely be at 3 , 2 heat leaders together seems a waste!

Not if they get 5-1s together. But if it's getting 3-3s behind Kerr & Schlein you could say it doesn't work.

I think there seems to be alot of teams putting stronger riders at 2 think it’s down to the stricter ht8 where I’m thinking you can’t replace anyone,just a thought.

1 hour ago, PTW said:

I think there seems to be alot of teams putting stronger riders at 2 think it’s down to the stricter ht8 where I’m thinking you can’t replace anyone,just a thought.

Both number 2 & number 7 can be replaced in heat 8, just not by a tactical substitute (i.e number 6 can go in). Most pointless rule in Speedway imo

Posted (edited)

James Denham is on the Offical British Speedway No Brakes No Fear podcast this week and he explains the riding order logic, plus much more. But basically it is to put an experienced rider out on the away tracks in heat 1 and allow the newer riders a few heats to see what’s what. 

Here’s the podcast > https://pod.fo/e/22b0b3

Edited by IanBrannan
  • Like 3

Shame to hear that local rider Callum Foy has stepped away from the sport.

Another gap to fill for Workington, only this time the NJL! 

Redcar away preview - https://cumbriacrack.com/2024/04/10/workington-comets-look-forward-to-redcar-bears-clash/ 

Bain will stand-in as team manager on Friday as Denham is unavailable and will go with the same riding order as the Berwick home line-up – 1, Craig Cook; 2, Tate Zischke; 3, Antti Vuolas; 4, Troy Batchelor; 5, Claus Vissing; 6, Sam McGurk; 7, Celina Liebmann.

Riding order seems to have Batchelor at 5 though, which isn't the same as the Berwick home meeting

Looks like Celina Liebmann pulled out of the Italian Championships she was going to be riding in.

Upon checking the results, was shocked to see a certain number 5 scoring 11 points and still riding!

Maybe he can return to the comets on a 4 point average next season :rofl:

436202919_927474132714732_63164851947247

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Looks like Celina Liebmann pulled out of the Italian Championships she was going to be riding in.

Upon checking the results, was shocked to see a certain number 5 scoring 11 points and still riding!

Looks  like Covetti return was premature.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Looks  like Covetti return was premature.

Yeah I saw the video of his only race, he couldn't turn the bike. Can't see him riding at Plymouth this season, his leg break was on his trailling left leg too

17 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Oh god I hope not 

• Haha 1

if we rode at stoke every week id have carpense back 

was allready reported celina didnt ride in italy

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Marksman said:

Yeah I saw the video of his only race, he couldn't turn the bike. Can't see him riding at Plymouth this season, his leg break was on his trailling left leg too

I hope the rumours are just rumours of who is going to replace him, that would be the final nail in Plymouths coffin

Edited by CTD26

7 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

I hope the rumours are just rumours of who is going to replace him, that would be the final nail in Plymouths coffin

Yea apparently the little  sh## was practising at scummy over the weekend  :wink:

• Haha 3

From what I here  it’s a far far better rider than him 

• Like 1