British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

Just now, Bandit59 said:

Think there will only be Lawson and the 2 Cooks from this team

Not so sure on that I think one of the cooks is a Plymouth asset and that will be up to the Plymouth promotion on that one.

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Not so sure on that I think one of the cooks is a Plymouth asset and that will be up to the Plymouth promotion on that one.

At the end of the day it will be Cooks decision we’ve seen it all before.The rider will always win .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Plymouth would rather have a loan fee for him.

On 10/15/2023 at 6:47 PM, scorpion61 said:

yeah big simon will come show you pirates how its done

I TOLD YOU ALL!!!!

simon lambert is the goat without a doubt

lambo was on fire and kemp was back to haunt you. Poole we’re out gated and out ridden (were shook of Super Simon ) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Both Cooks stay at Middlos was speaking to him at Glasgow 

Just got back and how the hell did we lose that? Well the reason was clear tonight. Simon Lambert having his best ever meeting at Poole. I doubt anyone saw that coming and he was like Bomber Harris in the final. He has never done anything at Poole but tonight the track suited him perfectly. It was very different to normal and he excelled on it. Sure, times were about one and a half seconds slower per heat but it was the same for both teams.

Poole can look at the catastrophic heat 10 though. Pirates well clear and heading for an easy back to back 5-1 when Lawsons bike packed up, turning it into a 3-3. He got it going again (fuel issue?) but too far back to do anything. That mishap alone cost us a 47-43 win and a golden heat, such were the narrow margins. Then heat 14 with Zach leading but Newman fell trying to get on the 5-1, never the same in a rerun. Still, as the saying goes, you make your own luck and tonight we just didn’t make any.

We can also look at our top two who have gone off the bill in the last month, just when their leadership was required. Really not good enough, especially so Steve Worrall tonight who looked lightweight and lacking the grit required. He was obviously trying and managed to pass Douglas, only for Douglas to waft around the outside of him the following lap.

Still, at the end of the day, Scunthorpe were right up for it and hats off to them. 

Competitions have been shared around this season with one each for Poole, Glasgow and Scunthorpe. Just one to go next Wednesday when Leicester visit Wimborne Road in the long delayed Jubilee Trophy Final. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Brilliant from Scunthorpe well done the scorpions I can’t believe how many people on here hate Poole I can’t work out why that is… lol, I’ve just read the last 5 pages on this thread and not one comment from Lisa hmmm, at least Steve had the good grace to say well done. Poole winning nothing is a nice feeling going into the winter mr ford . I have a feeling there maybe a few riders for the chop next year.

We won the BSN Trophy and have the long delayed Jubilee Final on Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, scorpion61 said:

I TOLD YOU ALL!!!!

simon lambert is the goat without a doubt

lambo was on fire and kemp was back to haunt you. Poole we’re out gated and out ridden (were shook of Super Simon ) 

Nobody can ever knock Lambert he can have some poor meetings,but there is NEVER any lack of effort.Deserves a bit of success.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We won the BSN Trophy and have the long delayed Jubilee Final on Wednesday.

Stop bigging up the jubilee Cup,completely pointless and no kudos in winning it,with two made up teams of available riders,no Glasgow in the final, if they were they would win it easily,complete waste of time not worth risking riders getting injured. Time to move on and stop grasping at straws you're making a fool of yourself again. 

Edited by lewy
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Plymouth would rather have a loan fee for him.

Your probably right lewy but every Poole fan on here thinks it’s a divine right he will be a Poole rider if he isn’t in Plymouth’s plans then whoever is the highest bidder will get him not just because Poole click there fingers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Your probably right lewy but every Poole fan on here thinks it’s a divine right he will be a Poole rider if he isn’t in Plymouth’s plans then whoever is the highest bidder will get him not just because Poole click there fingers.

Zack will be at Poole next year.

• Like 1

There is a silver lining for Poole because the trophy polish that they bought can be sold to Leicester Cubs for their league and cup silverware (barring disaster). The Pirates will most likely claim the Jubilee Trophy but there is no need to keep any polish back for this because you can’t polish cardboard.

16 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Both Cooks stay at Middlos was speaking to him at Glasgow 

And.. he is a Plymouth asset if he didn’t want to be he shouldn’t have signed the contract he should have signed for Poole at the beginning or did they not have the foresight to see how good he would be.