British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

May not get the chance. Crashed tonight and then didn't come out for his last ride. Hopefully just a precaution. 

Edit - Zach is on some form going into the second leg, winning the Olympique at Wolves! :t:

Zach is flying atm.

• Like 1

Some over confidence from Poole fans in some places

49-41 in the league meeting where Rowe got 6 + 1 and Scunthorpe got 8 from Clegg and Mountain

45-45 in the play offs where Rowe again got 6 + 1 but Scunthorpe got 15 from Kemp and Mountain with Lambert and Palm Toft having poor nights

R/R for Rowe makes Poole weaker but they can use Tac Sub in the up i believe

I doubt Douglas and Kemp will get 30 again but Douglas in 12 races at Poole has got 35 out of 36 points

A lot depends on how Lambert and Palm Toft go if they can get 12 or 13 between them then this will be close

Douglas 15 maybe from 6

Mountain 3

Lambert 6

Allen 7

Palm Toft 5

Kemp 7

Ablitt 1

Thats 44 and broken down like that looks possible

Poole are favourites without question but this could be close

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Some over confidence from Poole fans in some places

49-41 in the league meeting where Rowe got 6 + 1 and Scunthorpe got 8 from Clegg and Mountain

45-45 in the play offs where Rowe again got 6 + 1 but Scunthorpe got 15 from Kemp and Mountain with Lambert and Palm Toft having poor nights

R/R for Rowe makes Poole weaker but they can use Tac Sub in the up i believe

I doubt Douglas and Kemp will get 30 again but Douglas in 12 races at Poole has got 35 out of 36 points

A lot depends on how Lambert and Palm Toft go if they can get 12 or 13 between them then this will be close

Douglas 15 maybe from 6

Mountain 3

Lambert 6

Allen 7

Palm Toft 5

Kemp 7

Ablitt 1

Thats 44 and broken down like that looks possible

Poole are favourites without question but this could be close.

The 49-41 league meeting where Rowe got 6 we didn't have Lawson, Sedgeman guested who did quite well but he is not Lawson.

The drawn meeting Zach only got 5, can't see that happening, he is flying at the moment.  Mountain, Lambert and Toft rarely have good meetings at Poole and barring mechanical failure I can't see Ablitt getting anything and Thompson is going quite well now.

Kemp is a decent reserve but Allen is very hit and miss, he came last in one race at Scunthorpe in the first leg.

Also I don't believe you can use a tactical in any two legged final.

Douglas is amazing at Poole so expect a big score from him.

I expect 50-40ish.

23 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

We have been waiting for Scunny for 3 months!!! 

League then play offs took priority.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

League then play offs took priority.

And testimonials ;) Or farewell meetings rather lol

Edited by lisa-colette

On 10/16/2023 at 12:28 PM, scunny1 said:

Any truth in the rumour if 2nd leg not completed by end of the month then first leg result stands and Scorpions win K O Cup?  3 dates apparently agreed this months, with first one on Wed looking a potential wash out???

On 10/16/2023 at 1:13 PM, lisa-colette said:

That would be some trick to avoid the 3 date rule, avoid offering any for 3 months lol!

I'm guessing the rule must be clubs can refuse 2 dates, but have to pick one of 3 offered? So a rain-off would probably mean offer 3 more dates?

1 minute ago, scorpion61 said:

Will this meeting be able to stream? Have Poole got their own streaming platform?

Yes. Pirates.tv via Poole Speedway website

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Forecast not good for Saturday now, hope it changes.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcn8db1mu#?date=2023-10-21

How is it not okay? 30% chance of a shower. Whether they can dry track out after Weds and Thursday heavy rain in time is another matter though. 

Edited by lisa-colette

On 10/16/2023 at 1:13 PM, lisa-colette said:

No you haven’t ,you have been waiting for Redcar who put a testimonial meeting before the semi final tie  on a number of occasions 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:01 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Glad it doesn’t clash with Vitality, so will be able to attend both. 

Vitality??

Dean Court please? :)

I hate these bloody corporate sponsor names!

Personally, I would have gone if it was Sunday but it would be too much excitement for me in one day to do both. Or too much beer!

On 10/18/2023 at 12:48 AM, Tosh1218 said:

No you haven’t ,you have been waiting for Redcar who put a testimonial meeting before the semi final tie  on a number of occasions 

Considering Redcar had their KOC tie finished before Scunthorpe did, 30th May to be exact, who has been waiting for who? I would suggest 2 Friday tracks, one with a No1 who rides in Poland being the problems.