British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yep as long as he’s comitted he’ll be a good signing

Surely all young riders are committed when riding in a relatively new country ? A low points return means low wages, & the chance they won't last the season, or be asked back the following season ?

I’d have liked someone to tempt Josh Auty out of retirement. Some unfinished business there and I’m sure the BSP Chairman would have supported an average reduction

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’d have liked someone to tempt Josh Auty out of retirement. Some unfinished business there and I’m sure the BSP Chairman would have supported an average reduction

Didn't Steve Lawson say he'd agreed a deal with worky then retired hence why still no 7th rider there?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Didn't Steve Lawson say he'd agreed a deal with worky then retired hence why still no 7th rider there?

I didn’t know that. That’s a shame. Josh is a couple of years younger than Simon Lambert - the two had some feisty races against each other when they were teenagers - and Simon seems to still be doing ok. 

30 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I didn’t know that. That’s a shame. Josh is a couple of years younger than Simon Lambert - the two had some feisty races against each other when they were teenagers - and Simon seems to still be doing ok. 

Simon not as injury prone as Josh. Josh's hand injuries hampered him a lot & his last leg break was a severe one.

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

Surely all young riders are committed when riding in a relatively new country ? A low points return means low wages, & the chance they won't last the season, or be asked back the following season ?

Wasn’t committed at Berwick, put no money into machinery for a start, and didn’t want to be there by the end. This is what happens when the Polish clubs can offer 5x as much, the riders, dont care about British Speedway, rightly or wrongly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

1 too many injuries I think 

• Like 1

Jonas Knudsen confirmed.

Pretty happy with that really in the circumstances, a young rider with potential to improve who rides the track well (he said it was one of his favourite tracks). Looking forward to hopefully seeing him progress.

Some interesting points on riders pricing themselves out of places and the points limit.

12 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Jonas Knudsen confirmed.

Pretty happy with that really in the circumstances, a young rider with potential to improve who rides the track well (he said it was one of his favourite tracks). Looking forward to hopefully seeing him progress.

Some interesting points on riders pricing themselves out of places and the points limit.

Very good signing.IMO.Dont know behind the scenes at Berwick,but he certainly didn’t enjoy the track IMO.Looked good in Poland when I saw  him.

Edited by Fromafar

Really pleased with the way the Bears management have dealt with injury replacement of Jorgy . Not a Bears fan but a speedway fan good luck Jonas on track and hope The bears should name and shame the riders who inflated there wage demands to cover  for Thomas absence  . Yes riders deserve a decent wage but inflating there wage demands when injuries hit is wrong .

from a Scorpions fan

2 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Really pleased with the way the Bears management have dealt with injury replacement of Jorgy . Not a Bears fan but a speedway fan good luck Jonas on track and hope The bears should name and shame the riders who inflated there wage demands to cover  for Thomas absence  . Yes riders deserve a decent wage but inflating there wage demands when injuries hit is wrong .

from a Scorpions fan

To be fair, it wasn’t mentioned that any rider had done that (inflated their demands in the circumstances), more that Redcar have a budget and stick to it. 

Jamie said they had considered a few riders (some with higher averages) but felt Jonas was the one to have the potential to be higher as the season goes on.

Is Jonas a temporary stopgap until TJ is able to ride? TJ is a heat leader in this league and Knudsen is good but he's not a heat leader. He was really disappointing in his second season at Berwick.

16 hours ago, Jaizer said:

what he actually said was more along the lines of the rider they were talking to decided to retire  dont think he said they had signed him 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Is Jonas a temporary stopgap until TJ is able to ride? TJ is a heat leader in this league and Knudsen is good but he's not a heat leader. He was really disappointing in his second season at Berwick.

TJ needs an operation, no guarantee he rides this year at all according to Jamie last night.

• Thanks 1