British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2024

A really bad dent in our play off hopes, losing to Poole lat night. Can Redcar still make the play offs? Not sure but the Glasgow away match becomes very important now as it needs re arranging before any cut off dates come into play. Any sign of this meeting happening soon ?

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

With the size of the League it’s Pathetic we’re talking about cut off dates.

Similar thing happened last year, teams had very quiet May &.June, then filled August with fixtures, so begining of September was used for re-arranged meetings rather than play-offs. Although this year, there are less play-offs matches (6) compared to last year (14) so shouldn't be such a rush for dates for end of season competitions.

Although last year the BSN series was finished earlier, this year, that needs to be slotted in along with KOC & play-offs.

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

With the size of the League it’s Pathetic we’re talking about cut off dates.

Speaking to people before the meeting saying that this season has been awful , With the gaps between meetings that they've  got out the habit of attending every week and are picking and choosing the meetings . Personally think the track has been awful this year and feel sorry for home riders as making them look poor, probably been spoilt over the years .Missed 4 meetings this year as i couldn't be bothered to turn up as I've found the racing poor .Don't think ill be renewing my season ticket next year. 

League needs to change to racing each other twice at home and twice away scrap the 

Bloody

Stupid

Nobody cares 

Series

Get a decent track curator ! 

If you had a Michelin star restaurant and you lost your chef ,You wouldn't get someone off a burger van to try and replace him or if you did people are going to stop going to your restaurant. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bororedlion said:

Speaking to people before the meeting saying that this season has been awful , With the gaps between meetings that they've  got out the habit of attending every week and are picking and choosing the meetings . Personally think the track has been awful this year and feel sorry for home riders as making them look poor, probably been spoilt over the years .Missed 4 meetings this year as i couldn't be bothered to turn up as I've found the racing poor .Don't think ill be renewing my season ticket next year. 

League needs to change to racing each other twice at home and twice away scrap the 

Bloody

Stupid

Nobody cares 

Series

If you had a Michelin star restaurant and you lost your chef ,You wouldn't get someone off a burger van to try and replace him or if you did people are going to stop going to your restaurant. 

My thoughts exactly. Think I've been to 4 meetings this season. Not bothered about the pre season Mickey Mouse cup, no continuity in the home fixtures and the track is a pale shadow of it's former self. 

12 minutes ago, bororedlion said:

Bloody

Stupid

Nobody cares 

Series

Exactly 

Nail

On

The

Head

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Sorry but all this crap about Mickley mouse cup is a excuse 

I got to speedway for entertainment 

I dont care if its a league match friendly or testimonial 

The stuff regarding track prep I do understand 

Seen a few Redcar meetings this year and it's not what it's been in past 

Track and racing is no way near as good as past years 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

I don't care if its a league match friendly or testimonial 

Totally agree with all of that. It's the same riders wether it's the league, KOC, bsn or a challenge match. Not sure why people choose to go to a league match but not the others?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bororedlion said:

Bloody

Stupid

Nobody cares 

Series

From what I heard if it wasn’t for the lad doing to the track now there wouldn’t be any racing at all 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I dont care if its a league match friendly or testimonial 

An excuse for what? Quite a few people don't bother with the Mickey Mouse cup.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

An excuse for what? Quite a few people don't bother with the Mickey Mouse cup.

Or the Mickey Mouse leagues..

• Like 1