British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally I would have liked to see Rew ride for us, even on a 6 he could be a bargain in this league.

Think if we had a choice between Brennan and Rew I would choose Brennan for a couple of reasons. First of all he is British, so Championship comes before Sweden/Denmark/Poland. And we also get 2.5% average reduction which puts the jigsaw together. Brennan seems to have been around for a while now but he is still young and improving. Just needs to get more consistent.

Rew certainly has great potential but his eyes seem more set on Poland than U.K. and that’s where his 100% will be given imo. Especially as he has been named as the U21 rider for extraleague club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If it helps Brits get team places, I have no issue with that. If they are good, they'll reach their 5.00 assessed averages, if they are not so good, why sign them over Brits in the first place?

One of the major issues that the sport has had is a self inflicted lack of focus on UK riders..

Due to "journey men, after journey men" being brought over via a revolving door..

"He didn't work, so bring the next one in and see if he is any better"...

Both reserves and at least the lower ranked second string in Div 2 should be a UK rider...

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No Kyle Newman in 2024.

Kyle’s been a great servant for Poole and still got what it takes. He can pop out and take some big scalps when not expected. A shame he doesn’t fit the jigsaw puzzle. Other clubs will be queuing up to sign him no doubt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kyle’s been a great servant for Poole and still got what it takes. He can pop out and take some big scalps when not expected. A shame he doesn’t fit the jigsaw puzzle. Other clubs will be queuing up to sign him no doubt.

He's said on Facebook that most other team spots are already filled, so he just has to wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Here’s you winners folks. 

Richard lawson

tate tchiske (or however you spell it)

ben cook

zach cook

Tom Brennan

sam hagon

max Perry  

Over 38 though. Tate is a 5? If you take him out there is only 4.16 left. 

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Also depends if he can get his shoulder op done this winter. Isn't it being done on NHS and you know what their waiting lists are like! 

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Taken from Darcy Ward interview in Speedway Star 2 years ago.

One name to look out for (and learn how to spell) is Tate Zischke who has just turned 16 and shows a great deal of promise. The Poole promotion has already been tipped off about his potential and if all things continue to go to plan, he could be sighted there in 2022 or at the latest 2023. (Injury put paid to that)

A farmer’s son from the village of Grandchester, west of Brisbane, Zischke is sponsored by Ivor Harm, who looked after Darcy from his junior days and remains heavily involved, especially with emerging talent.

‘He just reminds me of me at the same age,” says Darcy. Watch this space…. 

Nice one Steve. I touched on this interview when I was commenting on the forum when I was raving over him last Autumn/Winter before his post race accident that cost him over 6 months off due to having seizures. Such a silly incident in the meeting final where he crashed into Sedgeman after the finish line.

I looked at lots of his races in State U21 - Aussie U21 and other races where he was way ahead of Hook/Pearson and all the other youngsters with a style that indeed reminded me of a young Darcy Ward. Leszno who had won 3 league titles in POL on the trot were so impressed they signed him for their U24 team and remember he was only 17 in late 22. (born in July)

Tate has ridden in October 23 in a DW run Aussie meeting and believe he rode well but maybe fell in the final.

My concern would be Leszno take the Rew route with him and give him a full POL U24 season and double him up with a POL Lge 2 team as they did with Rew in 2022. Last year Rew was loaned to a POL Lge 1 and this season is replacing Lidsey in first team who is 25, who also had a similar route but that was before the POL U24 Lge so was loaned to lower Lge for experience before going into Leszno team.

The question is whether Tate is a 4 or a 5. Seems some divided on that point. What constitutes riding in POL/DK. Is it based on a minimum amount of meetings or based on certain Lge criteria in those Countries ??

For example Tate had a short riding holiday in DK in 2022 where he rode a few meetings for a DK 2nd Div side before going back to Aussie.That league is mainly made up of young DK riders gaining experience and a few DK journeyman. He was only 16.Not sure on how many meetings or points but think it was fairly minimal.

In 2023 his medical exemption meant he could not race until July 2023 so missed the main part of the Leszno POL U24 season. Instead of getting the 16/18 meetings dependent upon reaching play offs he rode only 6 meetings - a mere 23 rides. 

Do the actual rules mean that you automatically get give 5 for riding in Europe or do you need a minimum number of meetings/rides to jump from the normal young Aussie 4 to a 5.

I am sure Danny/Matt have checked this one out if Tate is in the plans/thinking. 

Of course the big money and potential future is POL and if Leszno who followed and supported this guys incredible potential may already have him lined up for a full U24 season (Tuesdays) and maybe a Sunday Lge 2 team loan out also for a season (another 14/18 meetings dependent upon play offs).

With the decisions being made its obvious the club already know their 1-7. So PLEASE can we be spared the "excitement" of the slow reveal when its blatantly obvious who the names are because other clubs have already let their fans know. 

14 minutes ago, Knightime said:

With the decisions being made its obvious the club already know their 1-7. So PLEASE can we be spared the "excitement" of the slow reveal when its blatantly obvious who the names are because other clubs have already let their fans know. 

Nothing will.be announced/confirmed until after the AGM next week, which may throw up some curveballs depending on all the issues they have to sort out eg league structure, number of teams, points limit etc and who supplies the biscuits at tea time.:cheers:

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing will.be announced/confirmed until after the AGM next week, which may throw up some curveballs depending on all the issues they have to sort out eg league structure, number of teams, points limit etc and who supplies the biscuits at tea time.:cheers:

And whether it is Estrella or San Miguel

I think TZ would've made his UK debut last season had he not took a serious tumble just prior ..... (head injury etc...)

Going from reviews, he looks set to be the next best thing to come out of Oz?

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Rumoured to be in Glasgow team. Maybe a new Aussie to come over if they still allowed on a 4? ;)

Young Aussie who can swim to these shores may be in contention, for a reserve place .

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think if we had a choice between Brennan and Rew I would choose Brennan for a couple of reasons. First of all he is British, so Championship comes before Sweden/Denmark/Poland. And we also get 2.5% average reduction which puts the jigsaw together. Brennan seems to have been around for a while now but he is still young and improving. Just needs to get more consistent.

Rew certainly has great potential but his eyes seem more set on Poland than U.K. and that’s where his 100% will be given imo. Especially as he has been named as the U21 rider for extraleague club.

Fair enough, never really liked Brennan personally, a bit too inconsistent in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Fair enough, never really liked Brennan personally, a bit too inconsistent in my opinion.

Not a great lover of Brennan, but he showed in the playoffs what he can do around Wimborne Road, could coming to Poole be the making of him