British Speedway Forum

Speedway fans like to complain about losing riders due to limitation in team building but it's not the only sport it happens in... The salary cap in the NHL means that teams have to move on from big players all the time, buy them out, ship them off to other teams around the league, asset management and keeping the players that's best for the club is all part and parcel of the sport, it's the same with speedway. I would rather there be some sort of team building system in place and have the teams SOMEWHAT level with eachother as opposed to Poole, Glasgow and Oxford signing all the big names and letting the smaller teams scrape up what's left at the bottom of the barrel. Aye the team building isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HGould said:

Well done Poland. 

What a shame we can't do exactly the same and boost our young talent. 

Frankly would any on that list enhance British Speedway to the detriment of Pijper, Perry, Boughen, James, Harrison etc. 

Only one who I think at this stage could become a big name is Tate Zischke. Just my opinion, but I take your point.

Thanks Skidder _ Just saw same on POL Speedway News site.

Could this put into question whether Brennan is signing for Poole after the rumours on the Poole 2024 forum ??.

This could mean a schedule of:

Mon - Prem

Tue- Swe

Wed - Poole (or another Champ Club)

Thur - Prem

Fri - one of the Champ meetings

Sat - As Friday

Sun - POL

I thought one of the reason the likes of Douglas and Pickering   want to give up Champ was to concentrate on POL (Sundays and odd Saturdays),  was also to take part in the Saturday Polish training sessions.Not sure on that last point but I'm sure I read Douglas mention that in an interview.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Could this put into question whether Brennan is signing for Poole after the rumours on the Poole 2024 forum ??.

Mon - Prem

Tue- Swe

Thur - Prem

Sat - As Friday

Sun - POL

I thought one of the reason the likes of Douglas and Pickering   want to give up Champ was to concentrate on POL (Sundays and odd Saturdays),  was also to take part in the Saturday Polish training sessions.Not sure on that last point but I'm sure I read Douglas mention that in an interview.

Brennan is in as the U24 rider in Poland? Sure that is what he said on his twitter. So not sure if that means he needs to be there practicing as much as someone like Dougie? 

Also Poole wouldn't sign him if there are lots of fixture clashes imo. 

https://x.com/TomBrennan27/status/1713860316306579841?s=20

Edited by lisa-colette

37 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Mon - Prem

Tue- Swe

Thur - Prem

Sat - As Friday

Sun - POL

Pickering has already said he has to rethink his options for 2024!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Pickering has already said he has to rethink his options for 2024!!

Because he's no offers in Poland. Tom maybe has one. Imo he's be better concentrating on UK and Sweden then if he's good enough Poland. He's been great for us in 2.5 years but the facts are his form only really improved when rode with bomber at no.2. Dougie, basso and Pickering are at least genuine champ HLs

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Because he's no offers in Poland. Tom maybe has one. Imo he's be better concentrating on UK and Sweden then if he's good enough Poland. He's been great for us in 2.5 years but the facts are his form only really improved when rode with bomber at no.2. Dougie, basso and Pickering are at least genuine champ HLs

Tom has a Polish contract for next season.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Speedway fans like to complain about losing riders due to limitation in team building but it's not the only sport it happens in... The salary cap in the NHL means that teams have to move on from big players all the time, buy them out, ship them off to other teams around the league, asset management and keeping the players that's best for the club is all part and parcel of the sport, it's the same with speedway. I would rather there be some sort of team building system in place and have the teams SOMEWHAT level with eachother as opposed to Poole, Glasgow and Oxford signing all the big names and letting the smaller teams scrape up what's left at the bottom of the barrel. Aye the team building isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing...

It’s the watering down of the Sport that most are complaining about.Riders are being force out because of it.In other sports it’s a levelling up process.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It’s the watering down of the Sport that most are complaining about.Riders are being force out because of it.In other sports it’s a levelling up process.

Agree Fromafar……..it’s the lowering of the points limit that’s the problem not the fact that there IS a limit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Brennan is in as the U24 rider in Poland? Sure that is what he said on his twitter. So not sure if that means he needs to be there practicing as much as someone like Dougie? 

Also Poole wouldn't sign him if there are lots of fixture clashes imo. 

https://x.com/TomBrennan27/status/1713860316306579841?s=20

I need to follow more of the British riders on X  ;).

I was looking at the 2023 line up's where he rode for Lodz in Lge 1. I wrongly thought the Poles had started listing the 2024 line up's so my bad :rolleyes:. Even though apparently most squads are already complete and the one month transfer window only opened on 1st Nov.

A Tuesday will tie in on the U24 quite nicely with Poole then as Zach Cook managed both ok.

But hang on. Isn't the POL U24 on a Tuesday which is the same night  as Sweden ?? where he has signed for Indianera. That news was only released on 1st Nov (yesterday) which was 2 weeks after his X announcement about the POL U24 signing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I need to follow more of the British riders on X  ;).

I was looking at the 2023 line up's where he rode for Lodz in Lge 1. I wrongly thought the Poles had started listing the 2024 line up's so my bad :rolleyes:. Even though apparently most squads are already complete and the one month transfer window only opened on 1st Nov.

A Tuesday will tie in on the U24 quite nicely with Poole then as Zach Cook managed both ok.

But hang on. Isn't the POL U24 on a Tuesday which is the same night  as Sweden ?? where he has signed for Indianera. That news was only released on 1st Nov (yesterday) which was 2 weeks after his X announcement about the POL U24 signing.

Polishing/24 was aTuesday last season,so unless it’s changed.

Are all Polish U.24 riders classed as 'seniors' in the main squad?

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Tom has a Polish contract for next season.

And Sweden