British Speedway Forum

Wonder which of the 3 youth options Poole will adopt? Doubt team in league  as attendances for Buccaneers was very poor- a few hundred but perhaps weekly speedway at Poole would be good as opposed to gaps between home meetings. I’ve been a supporter since 1970 when speedway was every Wednesday!

1 hour ago, Supersub said:

Wonder which of the 3 youth options Poole will adopt? Doubt team in league  as attendances for Buccaneers was very poor- a few hundred but perhaps weekly speedway at Poole would be good as opposed to gaps between home meetings. I’ve been a supporter since 1970 when speedway was every Wednesday!

What gaps between meetings ?

45 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

What gaps between meetings ?

I cant see Matt/Danny paying stadium rental for an extra regular NDL meeting. I would think it more likely to be after main meeting or the occasional individual meeting.

Also as I've said before, next year is  an Olympic year as well as Euros '24 so clubs will want to avoid any major TV  sporting fixture clashes that may affect attendances.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Starman where have you been for the last few seasons?  Not selling Speedway Star  but taking Pics which are never seen!!

Poole are not interested in helping British youngsters develop, never have been they would rather give opportunities to Aussies.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

Poole are not interested in helping British youngsters develop, never have been they would rather give opportunities to Aussies.

Ablitt & Kemp???

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Ablitt & Kemp???

Ablitt who they had for one season gave him all the difficult heats and then didn’t use him the following year. Anders Rowe this year improves his average not needed the second year. I don’t but into this oh his average doesn’t fit if you want to keep a rider enough you’ll find a way to fit him into your side.

38 minutes ago, lewy said:

Both products of Eastbourne. 

That famous Australian territory. 

2 hours ago, Supersub said:

I’ve been a supporter since 1970 when speedway was every Wednesday!

my mind must be playing tricks i thought they used to run Tuesdays

Just now, stevehone said:

my mind must be playing tricks i thought they used to run Tuesdays

Yes, I remember that! Didn't it change when Sweden got going with Tuesday's. 

Also seen Gordon the Tramp has died at the age of 94.RIP. Used to be seen at Poole speedway and Bournemouth football meetings a lot. He was quite the celebrity at one point! 

Used to run Tuesday when Weymouth moved up to Poole.

After a couple of seasons went back to Wednesdays

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, I remember that! Didn't it change when Sweden got going with Tuesday's. 

Also seen Gordon the Tramp has died at the age of 94.RIP. Used to be seen at Poole speedway and Bournemouth football meetings a lot. He was quite the celebrity at one point! 

No it moved back to Wednesday due to public demand