British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, I remember that! Didn't it change when Sweden got going with Tuesday's. 

Also seen Gordon the Tramp has died at the age of 94.RIP. Used to be seen at Poole speedway and Bournemouth football meetings a lot. He was quite the celebrity at one point! 

Middlo used to call him Darcy's Grandad!:D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catalan said:

No it moved back to Wednesday due to public demand

They rode Tuesdays in the late 80s when Merv and Pete took over from Weymouth in the old National League. I have programmes to prove it.:)

Edited by Skidder1

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They rode Tuesdays in the late 80s when Merv and Pete took over from Weymouth in the old National League. I have programmes to prove it.:)

That was because Weymouth rode on a Tuesday, don't think it was long before they reverted to Wednesdays

10 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

That was because Weymouth rode on a Tuesday, don't think it was long before they reverted to Wednesdays

Arthur54

November 9

Please stop looking at my profile, getting stalker vibes now.

23 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Arthur54

November 9

Please stop looking at my profile, getting stalker vibes now.

What are you going on about :icon_smile_clown:

Ok, with all the rules now known lets try and name riders for Poole in 2024.

So far the forum has rumoured  a 6 of Lawson/Brennan/B.Cook/Z.Cook/Sam Hagon & Max Perry (last 2 as reserves). The last 2 also promote the young Brit support policy.

By my calculation that leaves 4.30 left. Of existing riders it sweeps up on mid 3 points onward's of Hook/Pearson/Borke/ Joe Thompson/Nielsen/Starke

That seems to leave choosing one of them (if not all signed up already) or a young Aussie ??. The Aussie U21 Finals was weekend just gone and a bit of a disaster as 3 rider were excluded, and Michael West was left to ride 4 laps alone to win it. Exclusions included the heavy favourite Rew plus my rider for the future Zischke. Believe Zischke was last exclusion in the 3/4 attempts to race the final so was awarded 2nd place. Can't find individual scores or race videos anywhere on FB or Youtube or any of the POL Speedway sites which is unusual as they gave all heat results in the junior 125cc event.

I still have my doubts as to whether the likes of West & Zischke would be 5 pointers having only really raced in POL U24 league bearing in mind the likes of Hook/Pearson and young Brits who raced in it still get away with 4 (if Aussies) or even lower if Brits.

Snippit of interest for those maybe not aware. Found a video of Michael West on Youtube doing some after racing laps at Poole Stadium about 5 months ago. The guy is 19 and did plenty of meetings in the POL U24 lge last season. Wonder if it was a precurser to maybe Poole in 2024??. Personally think Zischke would be my choice of the 2 as younger and certainly in late 2022 prior to his accident was well ahead of West and a year younger. No doubt both will be racing on a Tuesday in POL U24 again.

If it comes down to saving cost maybe the Ford's will go with one of those named who already raced in UK in 2022 & 2023.

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Ok, with all the rules now known lets try and name riders for Poole in 2024.

So far the forum has rumoured  a 6 of Lawson/Brennan/B.Cook/Z.Cook/Sam Hagon & Max Perry (last 2 as reserves). The last 2 also promote the young Brit support policy.

By my calculation that leaves 4.30 left. Of existing riders it sweeps up on mid 3 points onward's of Hook/Pearson/Borke/ Joe Thompson/Nielsen/Starke

That seems to leave choosing one of them (if not all signed up already) or a young Aussie ??. The Aussie U21 Finals was weekend just gone and a bit of a disaster as 3 rider were excluded, and Michael West was left to ride 4 laps alone to win it. Exclusions included the heavy favourite Rew plus my rider for the future Zischke. Believe Zischke was last exclusion in the 3/4 attempts to race the final so was awarded 2nd place. Can't find individual scores or race videos anywhere on FB or Youtube or any of the POL Speedway sites which is unusual as they gave all heat results in the junior 125cc event.

I still have my doubts as to whether the likes of West & Zischke would be 5 pointers having only really raced in POL U24 league bearing in mind the likes of Hook/Pearson and young Brits who raced in it still get away with 4 (if Aussies) or even lower if Brits.

Snippit of interest for those maybe not aware. Found a video of Michael West on Youtube doing some after racing laps at Poole Stadium about 5 months ago. The guy is 19 and did plenty of meetings in the POL U24 lge last season. Wonder if it was a precurser to maybe Poole in 2024??. Personally think Zischke would be my choice of the 2 as younger and certainly in late 2022 prior to his accident was well ahead of West and a year younger. No doubt both will be racing on a Tuesday in POL U24 again.

If it comes down to saving cost maybe the Ford's will go with one of those named who already raced in UK in 2022 & 2023.

Out of interest how do you get 4.30 left. I thought it was 4.16.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Out of interest how do you get 4.30 left. I thought it was 4.16.

I took 2.5% off Lawson/Brennan/and Hagon ( who was 2.63 less 2.5%) = 2.56. Or does the 2.5% for him not apply unless its over 3 ??

So Lawson becomes 8.48

Brennan becomes 7.15

B.Cook 7.39

Z Cook 6.22

Hagon 2.56

Perry 2

Total  33.80 (sorry my first calculation was slightly off so it's 4.20 left not 4.30 - By my calculation

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I took 2.5% off Lawson/Brennan/and Hagon ( who was 2.63 less 2.5%) = 2.56. Or does the 2.5% for him not apply unless its over 3 ??

So Lawson becomes 8.48

Brennan becomes 7.15

B.Cook 7.39

Z Cook 6.22

Hagon 2.56

Perry 2

Total  33.80 (sorry my first calculation was slightly off so it's 4.20 left not 4.30 - By my calculation

That's correct, lisa needs a new abacus 

22 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So Lawson becomes 8.48

Brennan becomes 7.15

B.Cook 7.39

Z Cook 6.22

Hagon 2.56

Perry 2

Okay, thanks. :t: I obviously gave someone a slightly higher average somewhere lol.

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, thanks. :t: I obviously gave someone a slightly higher average somewhere lol.

Hopefully one of our better informed colleagues may be able to throw some light on who that 4 pointer (or up to 4.20) rider might be ;)

• Like 1

Zischke is apparently getting a lot of help from darcy ward, and a rumore at a recent worky practice session was that darcy has been on the phone offering an Australian rider to the comets as darcy thinks the track would suit the said rider better than Poole 

Lets not forget Zaine Kennedy's younger brother, Declan!!??;)