British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I wonder who the one with the problem is , as most people in speedway think Steve Lawson is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

Have found them both really decent people.

Didn't young Mr Lawson fall out with a team mate when at Glasgow? 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Lawson doesn't get on with his dad, so I think that's a no go 

Rubbish, you don't know that for a fact, it's history water under the bridge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I wonder who the one with the problem is , as most people in speedway think Steve Lawson is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

True what you say about Steve. On Richard I've known him all of his life and have never found him anything other than polite and friendly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Neila said:

Didn't young Mr Lawson fall out with a team mate when at Glasgow? 

The guilty Worrall…. Sorry the innocent one.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Rubbish, you don't know that for a fact, it's history water under the bridge.

Yeah probably is, noticed they were getting on really well at the British Final 

23 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Saw on the forum recently a poster comment about maybe Josh returning to UK (Poole ??). May have been a tongue in cheek comment.

When looking up for info on Zischke via Youtube 2/3 weeks back found a recent meeting for 2023, where Josh rode and completely outclassed the other riders. Looked like he had never been away.

Next I saw he won the above which I assume helps him in getting a Visa to ride in UK if he chose. Believe they were the rules a few years ago from memory, that you had to be placed in a State meeting to help qualify for one.

Can't sign a POL contract this late (as window closed) but suppose a doubling up in UK possible if he has set sights on a return to UK ??. Unless just keeping his hand in at riding in Aussie.

Personally thought he had stopped riding but sure looked quick in races I saw in. Last rode Champ in 2017 with a final GSA of 9.47. (No idea if any reduction for being away 6 years).

My over active mind says Lawson loan to Workington (with his family connection) with Josh to Poole but at 0.77 higher than Lawson would tie up nearly a point more with the lower 38 point limit.

Of course could still double up but with other clubs or it may just me overthinking it :wink:

When Crump was coming back for Ipswich in 2019, he was coming back from a time away with an 8.40 average. He then missed another full year, as did everyone else,  but got a reduction dropping him to an 8, converted to 12 as Plymouth wanted him in the Championship. I am sure with Poole's connections, Josh would get a reduction. B)

BTW, keep your hands off Zaine & Declan. :angry::D  

Edited by IronScorpion

17 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

When Crump was coming back for Ipswich in 2019, he was coming back from a time away with an 8.40 average. He then missed another full year, as did everyone else,  but got a reduction dropping him to an 8, converted to 12 as Plymouth wanted him in the Championship. I am sure with Poole's connections, Josh would get a reduction. B)

BTW, keep your hands off Zaine & Declan. :angry::D  

:D No - Wasn't referring to Zaine being at Poole. Only an option maybe for Declan.

I agree though would make a lot of sense for both to ride at one club similar to the Cook's. If i recall from the past didn't Zaine stay up that way as his base for UK making it sense if they both stay together like the Cook's did which worked well at Poole.

Handy having Middleditch having lodging available which has worked well for Poole's young Aussies over the years.

40 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

:D No - Wasn't referring to Zaine being at Poole. Only an option maybe for Declan.

I agree though would make a lot of sense for both to ride at one club similar to the Cook's. If i recall from the past didn't Zaine stay up that way as his base for UK making it sense if they both stay together like the Cook's did which worked well at Poole.

Handy having Middleditch having lodging available which has worked well for Poole's young Aussies over the years.

It also provides workshop and overnight facilities for many visiting riders - and those passing through!!

PS. 'Exciting Special announcement' by Danny Ford on the evening of Friday 8th December!!

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It also provides workshop and overnight facilities for many visiting riders - and those passing through!!

PS. 'Exciting Special announcement' by Danny Ford on the evening of Friday 8th December!!

Is that Tom Brennan signing 

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ooh I can't wait :rofl:

41 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Looks like it as the closing date for his competition is 7th Dec. I feel bad for the fans that voted Oxford last night as you only get one vote! 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Not sure, just quoting the invitation!;)

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes - Middlo really is an asset to the sport. Not only an excellent Manager for many years but the way he has supported riders (especially young Aussies new to our shores).  

Maybe a slight shame that Danny's special announcement maybe slightly tempered by some of the forum contributors having worked out the likely signing of Brennan, coupled with Lisa's post about Brennan posting on X  the closing date for his final club naming date in Champ for his win a beanie competition, which coincides with Danny to make a special announcement on the 8th. Could be wrong of course and it may be totally unrelated.

Must admit I am more interested in our 4 point signing now as the other 6 seem to be known by either shrewd select posters in the know or good guessers of the team for 2024 ;)