British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes - Middlo really is an asset to the sport. Not only an excellent Manager for many years but the way he has supported riders (especially young Aussies new to our shores).  

Maybe a slight shame that Danny's special announcement maybe slightly tempered by some of the forum contributors having worked out the likely signing of Brennan, coupled with Lisa's post about Brennan posting on X  the closing date for his final club naming date in Champ for his win a beanie competition, which coincides with Danny to make a special announcement on the 8th. Could be wrong of course and it may be totally unrelated.

Must admit I am more interested in our 4 point signing now as the other 6 seem to be known by either shrewd select posters in the know or good guessers of the team for 2024 ;)

It may not be a rider announcement?!;)

48 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It may not be a rider announcement?!;)

I was told there was an announcement.

Unfortunately we are already out so have had to turn down invitation

19 minutes ago, Catalan said:

I was told there was an announcement.

Unfortunately we are already out so have had to turn down invitation

The exact wording in Danny Ford's email to sponsors is :-  "Exciting Special Announcement" to be made!

It could be a rider, it could be about the future of the stadium, it could be a new Sponsor, it could be a new additional co-promoter? Anything is possible! ;);)

Edited by Skidder1

I no it’s not really my place, but I hope it’s positive news about your stadium, riders come and go but Wimborne road is iconic and needs to remain a speedway stadium. I have good memories of many many years ago playing football there and it having Astro turf for corners because of the shape in the beazer homes league, unfortunately the dogs went, the football moved but the speedway needs to stay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I no it’s not really my place, but I hope it’s positive news about your stadium, riders come and go but Wimborne road is iconic and needs to remain a speedway stadium. I have good memories of many many years ago playing football there and it having Astro turf for corners because of the shape in the beazer homes league, unfortunately the dogs went, the football moved but the speedway needs to stay.

So true speedway needs to stay

22 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Yup we had to take the corners up for matches.

Lawson confirmed, one of the best riders in the league double figures home and away usually. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Richard Lawson confirmed.

Is that the ''Exciting Special Announcement"... ;)

8 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Is that the ''Exciting Special Announcement"... ;)

Friday apparently 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:35 PM, Skidder1 said:

The exact wording in Danny Ford's email to sponsors is :-  "Exciting Special Announcement" to be made!

It could be a rider, it could be about the future of the stadium, it could be a new Sponsor, it could be a new additional co-promoter? Anything is possible! ;);)

Perhaps it's not a rider announcement now, not normally 2 in one week 

10 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Perhaps it's not a rider announcement now, not normally 2 in one week 

Can't see what else it will be and also fits in with Tom Brennan's timeline. Unless they have managed to buy the stadium off the council?? :unsure:

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't see what else it will be and also fits in with Tom Brennan's timeline. Unless they have managed to buy the stadium off the council?? :unsure:

That would be the best news ever 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Good signing, one of the best riders on the league, despite always being able to somehow have a low average.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Don't think anyone seen that coming lol

• Haha 1