British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

If I was the Poole boss I'd bring back Joe Thompson on a 3.51

Towards the end of the season he was looking like a number 4 and his performance in the u21s around Ashfield was terrific. And speaking of Ashfield, in the first leg of the Championship final he beat Tarasenko fair and square and really impressed me. Bringing in a 4.00 foreign rider could have its disadvantages and being old fashioned I'd rather see places go to British riders.

Joe has signed for Plymouth 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

If I was the Poole boss I'd bring back Joe Thompson on a 3.51

Towards the end of the season he was looking like a number 4 and his performance in the u21s around Ashfield was terrific. And speaking of Ashfield, in the first leg of the Championship final he beat Tarasenko fair and square and really impressed me. Bringing in a 4.00 foreign rider could have its disadvantages and being old fashioned I'd rather see places go to British riders.

He probably would have if Garry May hadn't 'tapped him up' in the Poole pits to go with his brother??! Eh, Lewy? :rofl::party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He probably would have if Garry May hadn't 'tapped him up' in the Poole pits to go with his brother??! Eh, Lewy? :rofl::party:

You still telling lies, I will show you up again if you're not careful, slanderous accusations to be throwing around on a public forum!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lewy said:

You still telling lies, I will show you up again if you're not careful, slanderous accusations to be throwing around on a public forum!

True to form - straight in!!:party::cheers:

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

True to form - straight in!!:party::cheers:

If you're going to post rubbish at least have the courage to stand by it instead of making out it was all a wind up,think Poole are the main culprits for poaching riders anyway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I get why people want to keep the Ben and Zach partnership going. But there are going to be 4 riders who never rode for Poole before next season. So I think for at least first month of the season, Ben should be at 5 whilst others settle in. Not my decision though! 

Think Tom will rise to the occasion at 5, especially with team guidance on the track, actually takes most of the pressure off team riding in that position as well, just a thought anyway....

4 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Think Tom will rise to the occasion at 5, especially with team guidance on the track, actually takes most of the pressure off team riding in that position as well, just a thought anyway....

Yeah, good point. Just looking at first couple of meetings will be against Oxford and Plymouth in the BSN trophy, I am assuming. So would be tough having Sam or Scott in 2 races on debut potentially. Haven't checked who has higher average out of them two.

But again I can see why they would want to keep Ben and Zach partnership together. I suppose try one riding order and if it doesn't work as hoped can always swap it around. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, good point. Just looking at first couple of meetings will be against Oxford and Plymouth in the BSN trophy, I am assuming. So would be tough having Sam or Scott in 2 races on debut potentially. Haven't checked who has higher average out of them two.

But again I can see why they would want to keep Ben and Zach partnership together. I suppose try one riding order and if it doesn't work as hoped can always swap it around. 

Nice problem to have I suppose. 

1 hour ago, lewy said:

If you're going to post rubbish at least have the courage to stand by it instead of making out it was all a wind up,think Poole are the main culprits for poaching riders anyway. 

You will be telling us next that Zach is a Plymouth asset and is only riding for Poole because Plymouth didn't want him!!

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You will be telling us next that Zach is a Plymouth asset and is only riding for Poole because Plymouth didn't want him!!

We would love to have zach in the team, but unfortunately not to be but he really is going to be a top rider imo. As for being an asset we all know that means nothing in reality other than a loan fee. 

47 minutes ago, lewy said:

We would love to have zach in the team, but unfortunately not to be but he really is going to be a top rider imo. As for being an asset we all know that means nothing in reality other than a loan fee. 

Yes he has come on alot, Ben is better though.

Max Perry (2.00) Confirmed.

4.20 left for the final rider.

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

This team is giving me the feels of 2007 with a few young riders in the team! When we had Kennett, Doyle and Batch all in their early 20s. 

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Max gas got a lovely style on the bike, a very good signing imo...

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Good little rider is Max with plenty of determination ! Reminds of a young Daniel Ratcliffe in Harry Potter when he is wearing his specs . Seen him a few times at Work last season and he always caught the eye. Hope he is recovering well from his end of season injury which sounded a bit nasty.

Edited by SteelShoe