British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

See above couple of British riders might be available.

If a young Aussie impresses this winter and gets snapped up for the u24 Ekstraliga then no reason why Poole could change their team for the start of the season and sign him. Polish u24 Ekstraliga  doesn't start until mid April so would be able to start on a 4 before riding in Poland.

Neither Nielsen and certainly not Roynon is a forward move. Adam had his chance but was starting to struggle in that last 4/6 weeks prior to injury also on poor equipment.

Also why would Poole change the Dane so early before at least trying to prove he can achieve at least a 4 point av. As for the Aussie's. Most of the decent one's have already signed in POL U24 with odd exception who may not even want to do UK.

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Neither Nielsen and certainly not Roynon is a forward move. Adam had his chance but was starting to struggle in that last 4/6 weeks prior to injury also on poor equipment.

Also why would Poole change the Dane so early before at least trying to prove he can achieve at least a 4 point av. As for the Aussie's. Most of the decent one's have already signed in POL U24 with odd exception who may not even want to do UK.

'Thomsen was one of the top scorers in this season's Danish 2nd Division' is the quote from Danny Ford in the press article.

I’m sure averages are calculated on League matches only so Poole might have a long wait for the new boy to get a proper average

If Thomsen was signed on a 7 or 9 i would agree however he is on a 4, hardly the end of the world is it? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No all Poole fans, I would agree with you, personally prefer to have a youngster with potential, I realise he would be a 5 pointer in this league but a little surprised Rew hasn't got a  Championship spot somewhere.

Now Rew has a 4.00 Prem ave, he'd have a 6.00 converted ave for the Champ.

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, therefused said:

he had a chance a few years ago, he was crap then too

5. Bit more than a few! I suppose you are the exactly the same as you were 5 years ago? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Pirate ship is sinking and they cant take it after being spoilt rotten for many years.

Best for them no to run other clubs signings / teams down if they cant take it when somebody repays the compliment.

Do you not think you are going OTT TTT??

That is a lot of T's lol

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m sure averages are calculated on League matches only so Poole might have a long wait for the new boy to get a proper average

He'd only get a proper average if it goes up, then they'd be happy he's exceeded expectations, otherwise it stays at 4.00.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Now Rew has a 4.00 Prem ave, he'd have a 6.00 converted ave for the Champ.

Ah yes good point, still be good value on a 6

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Do you not think you are going OTT TTT??

That is a lot of T's lol

No, I'm just speaking the truth.

Watching Championship clubs celebrate titles at Poole last year was painful enough for you guys, Now Poole fans are trying to convince themselves that a pish poor signing in Thomsen is a good move.

17 minutes ago, TTT said:

Watching Championship clubs celebrate titles at Poole last year was painful enough for you guys, Now Poole fans are trying to convince themselves that a pish poor signing in Thomsen is a good move.

So? I don't see the problem. Why do you want everyone to be negative about it? 

Most Poole fans wouldn't have seen him ride as was in different league in 2019. So let them form an opinion in March. 

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So? I don't see the problem. Why do you want everyone to be negative about it? 

Most Poole fans wouldn't have seen him ride as was in different league in 2019. So let them form an opinion in March

At least give him till April lol!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

AGAIN, LETS WAIT AND SEE 

Hope he is still in your team when the comets come to town in may, with tate in the team, yes that same rider you were convinced was gonna be a pirate :D