British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Neila said:

Hope he is still in your team when the comets come to town in may, with tate in the team, yes that same rider you were convinced was gonna be a pirate :D

Many of us knew Tate had been recommended to Worky when Darcy was here in the summer so his signing for you came as no surprise even if some were still hopefull. I'm sure you'll enjoy his racing.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Many of us knew Tate had been recommended to Worky when Darcy was here in the summer so his signing for you came as no surprise even if some were still hopefull. I'm sure you'll enjoy his racing.

I would imagine that was because Poole's team plans even at that stage could not fit him in. He has been chatted about as a prospective Poole rider for quite a while.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So am assuming Worky knew in the summer that they were moving up and not really a late season thing? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So am assuming Worky knew in the summer that they were moving up and not really a late season thing? 

All teams have made errors in team building my god Plymouth have in the past but it does look from the outside Poole have 3 reserves this year and not one of your top 4 can afford to have a poor meeting as otherwise you will get beat and that’s why it’s going to be an intriguing season where the top 4 spots are going to be very closely fought. I certainly don’t accept skidders view that Workington new they were going up early summer and it’s been in the pipeline to sign him, that means Poole new the points limit for this year in the summer had obviously tapped up Brennan and had there team lined up months ago otherwise how did you no you couldn’t fit him in to many inaccuracies in his statement for me.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TTT said:

No, I'm just speaking the truth.

Watching Championship clubs celebrate titles at Poole last year was painful enough for you guys, Now Poole fans are trying to convince themselves that a pish poor signing in Thomsen is a good move.

I have not seen anything on here suggesting he is a good signing, I'm sure all Poole fans will judge him once he gets some meeting under his belt, not before a wheel is turned 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It does seem the inference is that Workington knew they was high chance they would be moving up and Tate would be available, doesnt mean they knew the points limit at that stage or that it was a certainty he would sign for them .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It does seem the inference is that Workington knew they was high chance they would be moving up and Tate would be available, doesnt mean they knew the points limit at that stage or that it was a certainty he would sign for them .

Maybe the appeal of track use 7 days a week was a important factor for tate? That's why Boughton signed for the cubs last year so he could do extta practice if he wanted too.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

All teams have made errors in team building my god Plymouth have in the past but it does look from the outside Poole have 3 reserves this year and not one of your top 4 can afford to have a poor meeting as otherwise you will get beat and that’s why it’s going to be an intriguing season where the top 4 spots are going to be very closely fought. I certainly don’t accept skidders view that Workington new they were going up early summer and it’s been in the pipeline to sign him, that means Poole new the points limit for this year in the summer had obviously tapped up Brennan and had there team lined up months ago otherwise how did you no you couldn’t fit him in to many inaccuracies in his statement for me.

Top 4 having good meetings will be the case for most of the league though, don’t see any Teams with great reserves yet.

57 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Top 4 having good meetings will be the case for most of the league though, don’t see any Teams with great reserves yet.

For me our reserves at Plymouth is the only bit of our team I’m not to concerned about.

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

Maybe the appeal of track use 7 days a week was a important factor for tate? That's why Boughton signed for the cubs last year so he could do extra practice if he wanted too.

It's a fair point. Plus Worky are a Saturday track.

I think the 5 point GSA didn't help Poole's case. Secondly I assume he has a multi year contract with Leszno U24 Lge team after his reduced first season in Europe last Summer. That means a lot of Tuesday's are tied up. The finalists rode 18 matches (mainly Tue) plus they also do lot's of practicing in POL. That would have been a hell of a lot of flying back & forth to POL where he based last Summer when he arrived in July. 

Tate knows the that the future is Poland, and like riders such a Lidsey/Rew  he realises that if he breaks through in the U24 in next 2 years or so he will get a chance in the main EXL side similar to Kurtz and the 2 named above. UK Champ is merely a chance to make up for lost time (like last season) after his injury.

I made a lot of noise on here about Tate since seeing his brilliant efforts on You Tue and other social media in late 2022 where prior to his injury his style and speed on a bike reminded you of a young Darcy. Even Darcy who has been coaching him said he reminded his of a younger Darcy in an interview back in 2022. You joined the dots and the obvious connection was Poole (also on 4 points as at that stage had not ridden POL).

Maybe will never happen with Poole but who knows ?. IF Poole survive into 25/26 (not certain) and IF they were to move up then maybe he will be attracted like Rew/Lidsey  to racing top riders in the Prem. Having said that with the strong BV connection with Lemon and young Aussies maybe that could be where he ends up when he does move up to Prem. Sorry I mean IF ;).

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

That's true. I didn't realise the moving up was decided as early as that. 

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Doesn't really fit in with the timeline what happened with Kyle and Anders though. Unless you think their statements aren't accurate? 

I'm trying to work out who Thomsen will meet as opposition in the 2 slot next season (besides obviously the opposite No 1 in the opening heat).

If not a stupid question how is the number 2 rider chosen to ride with the heat leader.

For example we know the 3 H/L in a team but how is the rider in the 2 slot chosen ??. Is it done automatically based on (excl the 2 reserves) on the 5th lowest average or another method.

Nothing to do with points limit. Darcy, Tate and Worky had a verbal agreement that Tate would join Worky as and when the opportunity arose. Hence Poole not including him in any of their possible line-ups! Simples.

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I'm trying to work out who Thomsen will meet as opposition in the 2 slot next season (besides obviously the opposite No 1 in the opening heat).

If not a stupid question how is the number 2 rider chosen to ride with the heat leader.

For example we know the 3 H/L in a team but how is the rider in the 2 slot chosen ??. Is it done automatically based on (excl the 2 reserves) on the 5th lowest average or another method.

Where does it say he'll be at 2? Just an assumption by some at this stage.

However if he is a good starter then he could be 'protected' by the Rocketman (bonus king)?

25 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing to do with points limit. Darcy, Tate and Worky had a verbal agreement that Tate would join Worky as and when the opportunity arose. Hence Poole not including him in any of their possible line-ups! Simples.

Your telling lies again!

• Haha 1