British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thought Max Perry would be nailed on to go back to Leicester NDL this year to compliment his signing for Poole. Was surprised he was omitted and seen no signs of him signing for anyone in NDL up North or Edinb where some still have some places open.

Also can't say I've seen any news on the Youth Development side from Poole where all Clubs are supposed to either lay on teams or sort out racing for these guys (pre or after meetings) on their own track if they are not tracking a team (which Poole have not declared they intend to).

Anyone have any ideas on where Max may end up or if Poole are planning anything for young riders ?

I would imagine any pre or after meeting racing will be announced nearer the time 

On 12/15/2023 at 11:33 PM, lisa-colette said:

everyone moaning about Thomsen! We have the best top-4 and if Thomson fails he’ll be out the door before summer

Edited by KrisB

15 minutes ago, KrisB said:

everyone moaning about Thomsen! We have the best top-4 and if Thomson fails he’ll be out the door before summer

Best top 4 but that wont win anything if the bottom end is poor

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

At last a Poole fan whose telling it as it is and not being totally blinded by there loyalty to the fords you do have a great top 4 and your right your other three will either be inspired signings or awful as the young lads need to get used to the league and Thomsen has a lot to prove. But at least your being honest you can’t win anything with 4 riders 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I would imagine any pre or after meeting racing will be announced nearer the time 

It doesn't have to be pre or post meeting nor to run an NDL team.

Poole can choose to host one or more rounds of the new 'GP-style' individual championship for NDL level riders which Neil Vatcher will be announcing!

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

At last a Poole fan whose telling it as it is and not being totally blinded by there loyalty to the fords you do have a great top 4 and your right your other three will either be inspired signings or awful as the young lads need to get used to the league and Thomsen has a lot to prove. But at least your being honest you can’t win anything with 4 riders 

You can win the 4TT

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It doesn't have to be pre or post meeting nor to run an NDL team.

Poole can choose to host one or more rounds of the new 'GP-style' individual championship for NDL level riders which Neil Vatcher will be announcing!

I see. 

Let's hope it's maybe more than one then, as the words imply giving more to the younger rider development. I refer to the Our specific participation's meaning Poole's. (As below)

Our specific participation as to which tier we will be taking is yet to be decided but we are committed to the programme and that means there will be more youth opportunities at Poole for the 2024 season  and hopefully our supporters will get behind this and enjoy the development of the sports future.

Merry Christmas all.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I see. 

Let's hope it's maybe more than one then, as the words imply giving more to the younger rider development. I refer to the Our specific participation's meaning Poole's. (As below)

Our specific participation as to which tier we will be taking is yet to be decided but we are committed to the programme and that means there will be more youth opportunities at Poole for the 2024 season  and hopefully our supporters will get behind this and enjoy the development of the sports future.

Merry Christmas all.

From the BSPA AGM statement:

'All Premiership and Championship clubs have signed up to the new three-tier structure following discussions at this week’s AGM.

This will involve each club either competing in the National Development League; or staging events in a new National Individual series; or taking part in a Youth programme to be run in second halves following senior meetings, and it is now compulsory for each club to take one of those options'.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Skidder1

21 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Give the Dane a chance, all this criticism will hardly give him confidence!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersub said:

Here here 

2 hours ago, Supersub said:

I’ll save you the time, he’s crap 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

I’ll save you the time, he’s crap 

I’m sure Fords know a lot more about him than you do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Workington managed to find a highly rated 4.00 assessed rider whilst Poole couldn't lol.

How times have changed.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Workington managed to find a highly rated 4.00 assessed rider whilst Poole couldn't lol.

How times have changed.

And we got that good aussie prospect that Poole thought they were gonna sign :party: